Derby v Reading

Boycie

12 minutes ago, Ovis aries said:

Already said this a few weeks ago:)

Looks like i have laid a pot bird's egg there, Oves aries. Sorry. Still applies, I suppose and glad that you remenbered it. Difference then was that Brighton were in it now they are seemilngly flying over the cuckoo's nest.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Not sure why they are out, but they apparently are. This tweet is from the BBC reporter that covers Reading.

Then there's also this tweet from a "getreading" reporter who does have more followers, but getreading did report that we're paying at least £4mil for Blackman which I really can't see...

Neither included in the squad yesterday. If they weren't deemed fit enough to even make the bench it might be pushing it for them to be ready for Tuesday (hopefully).

6 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Neither included in the squad yesterday. If they weren't deemed fit enough to even make the bench it might be pushing it for them to be ready for Tuesday (hopefully).

Yep. A full strength side bar those two which were absent. Would rather Hector than McShane be out personally, he's a promising player. I know nothing about Jake Cooper who started for them yesterday but hopefully this means Ferdinand will play. He's a donkey.

Of what I saw yesterday I would certainly be putting abdoul in the team over Russell looks faster runs at defenders and beats the man pretty much eveything Russell doesn't, or Blackman over Russell, I like Russell don't get me wrong his passion and he never stops you need that in your squad, but I just don't think he's good enough to be in our starting 11 

4 hours ago, archram said:

I was going to this, nice trip up on the train from Bournemouth then to my daughter's in Loughborough after the game. Then I discovered that the last train back to Loughborough is at 9.38!! At my speed of walking I'd have to miss half the second half.

Just thought, is there anyone driving back to Loughborough after the game who would give me a lift, please?

Thanks, but I'm now fixed up with a lift on Tuesday night. This forum is an amazing place!

Grant

Christie   Keogh  Shackell   Warnock

Ince      Johnson    Butterfield  Camara

Martin   Blackman

Subs: Mitchell, Baird, Pearce, Hendrick, Weimann, Russell, Bent 

Would like to see 4 4 2 in attack and maybe a 4 2 3 1 in defence on Tuesday with Blackman coming back to help out when defending. We will probably stick with the 4 3 3, but with Thorne out and Blackman wanting to play down the middle, I think its a good opportunity to try two men up front. Going to put a bet on blackman to score if he starts as former players always seem to score. 

Last train to London is 21.29. Grrr...

Clement said Keogh and Thorne had been carrying knocks but both would be OK. I'd be delighted if Thorne's back for this. Apparently Hendrick had a temperature on Friday but has hopefully recovered. A shame we couldn't rest Warnock at the weekend - when is Max Lowe going to be fit enough to challenge? (not so) Young Stephen will have to play another three games this week, and is always in the wars whatever he does. With a Tuesday and a Saturday game, I wonder if any of the cup starters have played themselves into contention for either. If so, it's more likely that it'll be for Saturday than Tuesday night, though surely Blackman plays against his former club.

And what news of Carson?

Grant

Christie    Keogh    Shackell    Warnock

Thorne

Butterfield        Johnson

Blackman    Martin    Ince

Substitutes: Mitchell Hendrick Camara Bent Baird Pearce Russell

All of a sudden the bench looks much stronger. This would leave out Shotton, Weimann and Bryson. Clement will choose Pearce because it's against his former club, but I expect him to rotate places with Shotton for the weekend. 

My doubt regarding this lineup is with Ince and Blackman, who would both play on the right normally. It's possible we'll start Ince on the right with Blackman on the bench ready to rotate in, and have one of Russell/Camara starting on the other side.

Or he might swap with blackman on the wing to keep reading guessing to also help martin out also. But I do think camara will be good if clemment wanted to do this.

Camara

Blackman martin sitting in just behind them and just in front of geouge thorn bladly johnson and butterfield.

33 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Last train to London is 21.29. Grrr...

Clement said Keogh and Thorne had been carrying knocks but both would be OK. I'd be delighted if Thorne's back for this. Apparently Hendrick had a temperature on Friday but has hopefully recovered. A shame we couldn't rest Warnock at the weekend - when is Max Lowe going to be fit enough to challenge? (not so) Young Stephen will have to play another three games this week, and is always in the wars whatever he does. With a Tuesday and a Saturday game, I wonder if any of the cup starters have played themselves into contention for either. If so, it's more likely that it'll be for Saturday than Tuesday night, though surely Blackman plays against his former club.

And what news of Carson?

Grant

Christie    Keogh    Shackell    Warnock

Thorne

Butterfield        Johnson

Blackman    Martin    Ince

Substitutes: Mitchell Hendrick Camara Bent Baird Pearce Russell

All of a sudden the bench looks much stronger. This would leave out Shotton, Weimann and Bryson. Clement will choose Pearce because it's against his former club, but I expect him to rotate places with Shotton for the weekend. 

My doubt regarding this lineup is with Ince and Blackman, who would both play on the right normally. It's possible we'll start Ince on the right with Blackman on the bench ready to rotate in, and have one of Russell/Camara starting on the other side.

Can't argue with that if thorne is fit of course. Shotton is usually preferred by clem on the bench.

All I can say is that if the formation/lineup does not work then it will give us more options to pontificate on who and how we should have played. A ridiculous number of teams and tactics have now become possible with the players that we have at the club. We still need another fullback.

Archived