Derby v Reading

Boycie

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

He has scored one goal in the last 12 games and that was a penalty. We used to give him the benefit of the doubt when he did go on goal scoring droughts before because his first touch and link up play was decent. Even that is God damn awful now. While we are on the topic on nostalgia, Falcao used to be the best striker in the world, doesn't mean that I want him now.

To the others that quoted me on Martin, I'm not saying he shouldn't be dropped. His form does deserve to be dropped yes, but that doesn't suddenly make him a bad striker.

This post I've quoted is just laughable. On the topic of nostalgia? What you mean two months ago? Comparing him to Falcao, I can't even take that seriously... and yes dcfcrammyboy, you would want Falcao here, don't be stupid.

Just now, McLovin said:

Please enlighten me on what martin has done recently because to me he has done nothing.

He's been poor recently, but has still set up and been involved in a lot of goals. I agree that Martin should be dropped, but you make out that he is now an awful striker who should be sent off to league 2. 

Some people have short memories. 

Just now, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

This team has 1 more chance to react on Saturday. If we don't get a performance and the result then changes have to be made.

But first we need to give them a game to react!

What changes? This 'team' has one more chance? After two results where we've got less than the majority would have suspected? Drop who? The whole team? What changes need to be made, we made changes to the system today and it didn't work, surely the changes would simply be to revert to 4-3-3 hopefully with Thorne back.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

To the others that quoted me on Martin, I'm not saying he shouldn't be dropped. His form does deserve to be dropped yes, but that doesn't suddenly make him a bad striker.

This post I've quoted is just laughable. On the topic of nostalgia? What you mean two months ago? Comparing him to Falcao, I can't even take that seriously... and yes dcfcrammyboy, you would want Falcao here, don't be stupid.

Nope I really wouldn't want Falcao here. He is done.

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Also I'm not saying he is a bad player, just not the messiah that everyone made him out to be after the wolves game, where he was very good I might add.

3 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

This team has 1 more chance to react on Saturday. If we don't get a performance and the result then changes have to be made.

But first we need to give them a game to react!

I thought that this was the game to react. This was pretty much the team that got beat at boro. So this was the reaction to a rare defeat.

Previously our reactions have been good.

This sounds not so. Although I wasn't there my good mate "down the road hants" was and texted me to say

"  we were **** tonight. Worst I've seen us play in yeats".

He's a season ticket holder. We were both going tonight but I had work to get done.PC sounds angry but also surprised. This is a big test for him. We're all a bit fretful that this is how last season started to unravel. 

So, Martin is out of form and the team are not playing the way he likes/excels at.

I'm thinking drop Martin TBH, it's Clement's team and if the play isn't going to suit him but might suit someone else better....

No reason he can't earn his way back. The only player who never really got a chance was Dawkins - the rest are being acknowledged and told they'll get their chance but the team was doing well and winning a lot of matches.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

And so is Martin apparently. Seems 12 games is all it takes to go from a hero to not good enough nowadays.

Your wasting your time, despite us being 2nd we are now doomed if you listen to the ***** being posted on here.

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

Your wasting your time, despite us being 2nd we are now doomed if you listen to the ***** being posted on here.

You just wait until we're 3rd this time tomorrow. Season will be over, just a case of making sure we don't drop out of the play-off spots for the next 4 months

Well we've got 4 points out of 6 against Reading this season, a team that are starting to play well under the boss that got them previously into the Premiership etc.

Hardly a disaster.  And what with our poor history against this club including recent defeats in the FA Cup and last seasons home performance, if you can call it that, and reading all the doom and gloom on here, you'd think we'd just been humped 5-0. I'd rather have 1 point than 0 points.

Up The Rams.

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/derby-county/reading/head-to-head

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

You just wait until we're 3rd this time tomorrow. Season will be over, just a case of making sure we don't drop out of the play-off spots for the next 4 months

Lol,your right,it was poor tonight but we still got a point,no need to panic,20 games to go,one swallow and all that.

Utter, utter garbage. 

Got outplayed, out thought and bullied by Reading the whole game.

How easy was it for them to get through? Why wasn't a changed made inside the first 30 minutes to bring an extra man in midfield to stop it? I don't get it. 

It was like a McClaren side at the end of last season tonight, every tackle was a last ditch one.

Russell.. rubbish again. Offers nothing apart from crosses either out of play or at the keeper and running straight at the defenders. Johnson isn't the player he was when he first come either, don't know what has happened to him, looks like he's out of his depth, and for saying he's a big lad, he doesn't half get bullied by players smaller than him.

It was clear to see what the problem was tonight, hopefully Clement can sort it for Saturday. Disappointed he didn't make the change throughout the game. 

Thought Reading were fantastic, played some great stuff and deserved to get the win. 

Archived