Pace

YorkshireRam

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody can move faster than the ball. 

I just hope that Camara and Blackman bring quality first and pace second.

Watching Russell get sent packing down the line and smash the ball into the box to the defender on the near post is good defensive play. Not good attacking. 

I don't know if it's Leicester's success that has everyone pace mad. But Leicester have good footballers. They had all this pace last season. They aren't suddenly the perfect philosophy any more than Man City, Arsenal etc. Watford are doing very well too. Actually been unlucky in a few defeats. But pace is quite short in their team. 

I just want players to be able to play in and off Martin. Running fast might excite fans but that's a whole different sport. 

How often as a team have we destroyed or been destroyed by the running speed of players. The pace of the ball is everything. 

Which is why in Mac's first season nobody could cope with us. 

Think Newcastle went down the big, fast and strong players route. And Arsenal for a while.  Both suffered. 

I understand the call for direct play. But it's got to be more than running down the line. 

As for pace making defences go deep... yeah they do. But then what? You've got no pitch left to use that pace and you've got a midfield that has room to play and 11 men in front of them. That's when these pace players need to be able to play a bit too. In tight areas at speed. 

Not that I'm writing off our new signings. Camara could have the technique of Dawkins, Butters and Hughes put together for all I know. I'm just talking about pace not being enough.

Tyson was the fastest footballer I've seen in person. Yet his legs moved too fast for him. He never looked up. That was the last time Rams fans were calling for pace. And that's what we got. Pace and bugger all else. A few corners

This food bar mission will self destruct in thirty seconds so do not be choco late.You may be treated as a Twinky if so. i would be Lion if i said that this was not a good thread. eddie, take a twirl for the Hershey bar post. You pretty much had us by the Curly Whirlys there.

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Nobody can move faster than the ball. 

I just hope that Camara and Blackman bring quality first and pace second

Rock on Tommy.......what about Cannon or is he past it?

As long as we don't sign Hale and all, coz these two don't bring quality, and don't do comedy, that's Hale and Pace not our spanking new signings who haven't played a game for us yet, so all the very best of luck to them both.

oa68ae.jpg

1 minute ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Rock on Tommy.......what about Cannon or is he past it?

As long as we don't sign Hale and all, coz these two don't bring quality, and don't do comedy, that's Hale and Pace not our spanking new signings who haven't played a game for us yet, so all the very best of luck to them both.

oa68ae.jpg

you know, half the time when you post on here I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Still enjoy them though in some strange way.

Gifted pacey strikers win hands down to old fashioned static target men. The most of the best players in the world past and present have both gifted and pacey.

Defending against pacey strikers is very difficult as they are constantly moving across the front line, dragging centre backs all over, which in turn opens up holes in their defence.

Defending against target man is much easier, even more so if you press higher up the field, forcing the midfield to sit deeper and in turn isolating the target man.

No, much rather have pace up front.

All we have to do now is start to release the ball quicker, back to pass and move, now where is Hughes!

59 minutes ago, toddy said:

Gifted pacey strikers win hands down to old fashioned static target men. The most of the best players in the world past and present have both gifted and pacey.

Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski, Muller, Giroud, Benzema, Shearer, Klose, Inzaghi, Sheringham, Viduka, Hasselbaink, Bergkamp, Vialli, Crespo, Diego Costa, Drogba, Batistuta, Raul, Morientes, Kluivert Ruud Van Nistlerooy, Robin Van Persie all say hi

Just now, rynny said:

Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski, Muller, Giroud, Benzema, Shearer, Klose, Inzaghi, Sheringham, Viduka, Hasselbaink, Bergkamp, Vialli, Crespo, Diego Costa, Drogba, Batistuta, Raul, Morientes, Kluivert all say hi

Geoff Hurst?

Mind you, i'll give him Martin Chivers!

6 hours ago, rynny said:

Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski, Muller, Giroud, Benzema, Shearer, Klose, Inzaghi, Sheringham, Viduka, Hasselbaink, Bergkamp, Vialli, Crespo, Diego Costa, Drogba, Batistuta, Raul, Morientes, Kluivert Ruud Van Nistlerooy, Robin Van Persie all say hi

I did say................

7 hours ago, toddy said:

Gifted pacey strikers win hands down to old fashioned static target men, most of the best players in the world past and present have both been gifted and pacey

Pele, Cryuff, Best, Maradonna, Messi, Renaldo, Suarez, Neymar......................

8 hours ago, rynny said:

Pls. Lewandowski,Muller, Diego Costa,Drogba(prime), Benzema , Kluivert are not slow at all. The rest of the players on that list, barring Giroud are/were still faster than the defenders they were up against but were gifted in other areas of their game so always had a headstart.

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Pls. Lewandowski,Muller, Diego Costa,Drogba(prime), Benzema , Kluivert are not slow at all. The rest of the players on that list, barring Giroud are/were still faster than the defenders they were up against but were gifted in other areas of their game so always had a headstart.

They used to reckon that Jimmy Greaves was the fastest over 1 yard - that was all he needed.

Archived