Pace

YorkshireRam

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Pls. Lewandowski,Muller, Diego Costa,Drogba(prime), Benzema , Kluivert are not slow at all. The rest of the players on that list, barring Giroud are/were still faster than the defenders they were up against but were gifted in other areas of their game so always had a headstart.

To suggest that all of them (bar Giroud) were quicker than defenders, well I do not know whether or not laugh at that or just think you are on a wind up, which I am going to laugh at anyway :lol::lol::lol:

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

To suggest that all of them (bar Giroud) were quicker than defenders, well I do not know whether or not laugh at that or just think you are on a wind up, which I am going to laugh at anyway :lol::lol::lol:

Any Striker that plays against Kurt Zouma is slow as f*ck.

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

They are/were. I don't know what you are talking about. They weren't blessed with pace but were still quicker than most defenders they were up against.

21 minutes ago, rynny said:

Did you ever see Muller play. 

I mean this Muller the best striker ever. 

1 minute ago, JoeDerby said:

Is Paul Clement a fan of Chris Martin??? I think maybe not!

is Paul Clement a fan of the man he described as the best center forward in the league? No, you're right, seems unlikely. 

28 minutes ago, McLovin said:

They are/were. I don't know what you are talking about. They weren't blessed with pace but were still quicker than most defenders they were up against.

Exactly,  they weren't pacy strikers, that is what I was saying. I didn't say they were slow I said they weren't pacy, there is a difference. In a foot race they probably won and lost an equal amount, some that I listed possibly won slightly more than lost and some probably lost  more than they won. BUT they were not strikers.

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

is Paul Clement a fan of the man he described as the best center forward in the league? No, you're right, seems unlikely. 

why have we just brought in a 2.5 million pound striker? one of them is going to miss out. If you believe everything that is said to the public, you are crazy!! I am sure every manager has said they have 'The best striker in the league' at some point. if he was that good we wouldn't be buying a striker

All the best players in the world share one thing in common. They're great players in any condition. They don't need open ground in front of them. Most of them could beat defenders in a telephone box. I wouldn't say any of them would class pace as their finest attribute. 

Which is why I don't like to think anyone looks for players based on their speed first. 

Nathan Tyson. I moaned like crazy when we signed him and people were having a similar conversation. He had an inconsistent first touch. His finishing was rushed. He never looked interested in moving defenders about by quick and neat exchanges. He was built to run past them. And he did... to the corner flag where he found himself tucked in for the night. Identified because we needed pace. And people find that style of player exciting. They say it's direct and trying to make things happen.

Yet one of the best things Russell has done over recent weeks is a tiny little flick onto Ince at Elland Road. It's that kind of quick thinking and awareness that he needs more of. Not to be faster. 

6 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

why have we just brought in a 2.5 million pound striker? one of them is going to miss out.

Who can play out wide. We have options to play different formations and play both up front, Martin up top and Blackman out wide. If anything it would spell the end of Bent.

12 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

why have we just brought in a 2.5 million pound striker? one of them is going to miss out.

12 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

I think he has been brought in to play down the middle. Bent needs to go.

1 minute ago, JoeDerby said:

I think he has been brought in to play down the middle. Bent needs to go.

Has hardly scored a goal from down the middle in his career. Clement described him as being able to play "on either flank, or down the middle if required". That doesn't sound like it's where he wants to use him initially. 

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Has hardly scored a goal from down the middle in his career. Clement described him as being able to play "on either flank, or down the middle if required". That doesn't sound like it's where he wants to use him initially. 

Nick Blackman -

"This season they (Reading) have played me through the middle and I have shown them what I can do," said Blackman.

"I think I am best down the middle, as a number nine, but I will play anywhere the manager asks me to play."

His most prolific season and he hasn't scored a goal from down the middle?

3 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

Nick Blackman -

"This season they (Reading) have played me through the middle and I have shown them what I can do," said Blackman.

"I think I am best down the middle, as a number nine, but I will play anywhere the manager asks me to play."

His most prolific season and he hasn't scored a goal from down the middle?

3 of his goals this season have come when playing down the centre. 7 from the right. 1 from the left.

Archived