Hartlepool United v Derby County

Boycie

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Would be out of left field. Can't imagine Clement would pointlessly change so drastically. I expect a similar set up to the Bristol/Leeds teams, maybe with a change or two at the back also.

I would much rather not risk any injuries. Going to look avoidable if we do. I would much rather see Hull and Boro playing two or three extra games because it may make the difference. They got no points for doing well in the Carling Cup.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3 January 2016 at 15:42, Simsy said:

Is the game at even going to go ahead? A Mate of mine said they are due more heavy rain so thinks it will be called off due to a waterlogged pitch. Don't know how much of a weather expert he is but be good to know the likelihood the game goes ahead.

Any weather men on here?

Lots of rain expected in the North East until Wednesday, then it stops so probably enough time to dry out.

I'm still trying to dry out (alcohol wise) following the last time we played them in the Cup in 1984. One of my all time lows ( I've seen a few) losing 2-1. Arthur Cox hadn't been in charge for long. It made me wonder about his ability....I needn't have worried!

22 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Camara will go straight into the squad for this game according to the DET report. :)

As long the international clearance sorted. 

On 2 January 2016 at 20:45, Boycie said:

FA Cup 

sat 15.00 (as far as I know)

got tickets me, but lacking will to go at the moment :(

If you fancy selling them on...giz a shout.

I am hoping the beating from boro might kick start the lads again. But we might take out some frusration out on hartpool by giving them a good beating and see a smile on the lads faces again. But the question is what side does he go with does he start the new boy upfront and see how he does there or does he give someone from the under 21 a chance to stake a claim in the first team.  This tie is going to be instreating to see who plays on saturday.

Brighton, Boro, Burnley and Hull are slugging it out in the Cup. Let them have it. 21 games in the League left to play. We must not let it take our focus. Worst thing is to beat Hartlepool, draw a big Club, slack off unintentionally in the game before or after that and lose three points. Some key player gets injured. Miss promotion by one point for no good reason. Ridiculous scenario. If the squad players cannot be trusted to give a good account in this game then get some better squad players.

5 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I am hoping the beating from boro might kick start the lads again. But we might take out some frusration out on hartpool by giving them a good beating and see a smile on the lads faces again. But the question is what side does he go with does he start the new boy upfront and see how he does there or does he give someone from the under 21 a chance to stake a claim in the first team.  This tie is going to be instreating to see who plays on saturday.

This will tell us a bit about Paul Clement b4.

I'd like to see a sprinkling of youngsters. Perhaps Jamie Hanson max Lowe? 

And Ssewankambo? 

Treat it as a squad opportunity. 

7 hours ago, Chris Mills said:

Hope Warnock doesn't start. 

I am inclined to agree with you. It is a game where we don't need to risk our key players.

12 hours ago, Rampage said:

Brighton, Boro, Burnley and Hull are slugging it out in the Cup. Let them have it. 21 games in the League left to play. We must not let it take our focus. Worst thing is to beat Hartlepool, draw a big Club, slack off unintentionally in the game before or after that and lose three points. Some key player gets injured. Miss promotion by one point for no good reason. Ridiculous scenario. If the squad players cannot be trusted to give a good account in this game then get some better squad players.

If we miss promotion by 1 point we can look back on loads of missed points,Leeds last week for

example. Its got nothing to do with the cup,we can give the cup and league a good run. After all

we haven't exactly seen a good cup run here for years,not made promotion,either.

Archived