Hartlepool United v Derby County

Boycie

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Simsy said:

Is the game at even going to go ahead? A Mate of mine said they are due more heavy rain so thinks it will be called off due to a waterlogged pitch. Don't know how much of a weather expert he is but be good to know the likelihood the game goes ahead.

Any weather men on here?

I'm a weathered man. Does that count?

16 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Why you guys want to field youngest for this game? I'd rather play strong team as possible we can (YES THAT'S FIRST TEAM PLAYERS) 

Because it is not important, it's just a distraction. We also need to give players like Pearce, Baird, Hanson, Bent more game time to keep them fit and keep morale high because they could be vital later in the season. If they don't play then sooner or later the dressing room will become toxic and possibly become divided.

I think he will pick a team that will win us the game but resting as many (if not all of the regular starters). I would support that as a fan as whatever team we put out should have more than enough for a struggling L2 side, plus it will give competitive action in what will be a very physical environment to players that we might well need to be able to jump into the first team at any moment. 

A somewhat deceiving headline in the Hartlepool paper. Don't think we'd get quite that for Bent and Andy W now:

Hartlepool United v Derby County: Pools to face £50million Rams strikeforce in Darren Bent and Andreas Weimann

12:06 Monday 04 January 2016

Hartlepool United look set to face a £50-million strikeforce on Saturday when Derby County come to Victoria Park in the FA Cup.

Derby boss Paul Clement is weighing up changes to his Championship promotion favourites following a hectic festive period of three matches inside eight days.

It will mean Darren Bent and Andreas Weimann are likely to come into his starting XI for the third round tie.

Bent has piled up the goals in his career, including 32 in 58 appearances for Sunderland, plus four in an England jersey, not to mention £47million in transfer fees.

The 32-year-old did not leave the bench in Derby’s 2-0 defeat at Middlesbrough on Saturday, but is likely to lead the attack at the Vic with skipper Chris Martin getting a breather.

Another former Aston Villa attacker, Weimann, came on for the final 15 minutes at the Riverside and the Austrian is also a probable starter against Pools.

Fellow subs Chris Baird, Alex Pearce and Ryan Shotton are also candidates to start as is Derby’s Hartlepool-born keeper Jono Mitchell.

The ex-High Tunstall College of Science pupil, who is an all-rounder for Hartlepool CC, has been on the County bench for the last month and Clement will weigh up a debut for the 21-year-old.

Read more: http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/hartlepool-utd/hartlepool-united-v-derby-county-pools-to-face-50million-rams-strikeforce-in-darren-bent-and-andreas-weimann-1-7654783#ixzz3wHXTSfkv

7 minutes ago, admira said:

A somewhat deceiving headline in the Hartlepool paper. Don't think we'd get quite that for Bent and Andy W now:

Hartlepool United v Derby County: Pools to face £50million Rams strikeforce in Darren Bent and Andreas Weimann

12:06 Monday 04 January 2016

Hartlepool United look set to face a £50-million strikeforce on Saturday when Derby County come to Victoria Park in the FA Cup.

Derby boss Paul Clement is weighing up changes to his Championship promotion favourites following a hectic festive period of three matches inside eight days.

It will mean Darren Bent and Andreas Weimann are likely to come into his starting XI for the third round tie.

Bent has piled up the goals in his career, including 32 in 58 appearances for Sunderland, plus four in an England jersey, not to mention £47million in transfer fees.

The 32-year-old did not leave the bench in Derby’s 2-0 defeat at Middlesbrough on Saturday, but is likely to lead the attack at the Vic with skipper Chris Martin getting a breather.

Another former Aston Villa attacker, Weimann, came on for the final 15 minutes at the Riverside and the Austrian is also a probable starter against Pools.

Fellow subs Chris Baird, Alex Pearce and Ryan Shotton are also candidates to start as is Derby’s Hartlepool-born keeper Jono Mitchell.

The ex-High Tunstall College of Science pupil, who is an all-rounder for Hartlepool CC, has been on the County bench for the last month and Clement will weigh up a debut for the 21-year-old.

Read more: http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/hartlepool-utd/hartlepool-united-v-derby-county-pools-to-face-50million-rams-strikeforce-in-darren-bent-and-andreas-weimann-1-7654783#ixzz3wHXTSfkv

My favorite thing about that is Bent is 90% of that total. 

I'd really like to see Hanson and ssasemwankambo get a full run out. They have the ability to make the grade. Keeping them tuned up at a game like this would seem sensible. 

Please football gods can we have one of those games that isn't a banana skin and follows the form book with the best footballers providing an exhibition performance full of silky skills and thundering goals. Thank you !  

Just now, jono said:

I'd really like to see Hanson and ssasemwankambo get a full run out. They have the ability to make the grade. Keeping them tuned up at a game like this would seem sensible. 

Please football gods can we have one of those games that isn't a banana skin and follows the form book with the best footballers providing an exhibition performance full of silky skills and thundering goals. Thank you !  

Ssewankambo.

19 hours ago, Eric the half a ram said:

Is this not a game to try something new!

3,5,2, it may be a way to go when we come up against a team that does not offer too much of a threat but parks the bus! Try it and see how we go in a match that does not matter too much 

Grant

Keogh, Shackell, Buxton(if fit)

Thorne,  Hanson/Baird

Ince,                Johnson,            Russell 

Bent,          Martin/Weiman 

Welcome to the Forum, Eric the half a ram. Half fans are welcome here. Enjoy. Your opinion is as important as anyone's on here, mate.

19 hours ago, Eric the half a ram said:

Is this not a game to try something new!

3,5,2, it may be a way to go when we come up against a team that does not offer too much of a threat but parks the bus! Try it and see how we go in a match that does not matter too much 

Grant

Keogh, Shackell, Buxton(if fit)

Thorne,  Hanson/Baird

Ince,                Johnson,            Russell 

Bent,          Martin/Weiman 

That may work against the likes of League Two Hartlepool but it wouldn't work in this division. It is far too attacking. In 3-5-2 you'd need two attacking full-backs, not two wingers. Hull play with with Elmohamady and Robertson, who are RB and LB pushed forward, not RW and LW pulled back.

We gave 3-5-2 a go against Chesterfield last season and it was obvious it's not the system for the players we have

9 minutes ago, Kernow said:

That may work against the likes of League Two Hartlepool but it wouldn't work in this division. It is far too attacking. In 3-5-2 you'd need two attacking full-backs, not two wingers. Hull play with with Elmohamady and Robertson, who are RB and LB pushed forward, not RW and LW pulled back.

We gave 3-5-2 a go against Chesterfield last season and it was obvious it's not the system for the players we have

Thanks for the welcome Rampage!

Kernow, I disagree, as I said originally, only to be used against teams with not too much threat like a Hull or a Boro!

In possession I'd have the wingers getting to the byline more, strikers.coming in.front and far post, Johnson towards pen spot and spare winger attacking other side of the box to cover crosses. DM's 10-15 yards outside the box to pick up second ball and recycle or drive.on for a shot!

Out of possession Baird/Hanson to slot into RB/Lb position as required and all shuffle along one! With Thorne in front offering cover we should be able to cope with low confidence/misfiring strikers

But like all things, only an opinion!:-) 

13 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

I hope we don't play 3-5-2. 

Would be out of left field. Can't imagine Clement would pointlessly change so drastically. I expect a similar set up to the Bristol/Leeds teams, maybe with a change or two at the back also.

Archived