Hartlepool United v Derby County

Boycie

This means absolutely nothing, but it's fun to speculate:

The image gallery of Camara's first day at Moor Farm appears to show of lot of "second-string" players doing an exercise together. The likes of Dawkins, Bryson, Pearce, Shotton, Bent, and Bucko appear to be doing drills with him. Wonder if this is in prep for Saturday? Be nice to see a few of those names in the starting XI.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/image-gallery-abdoul-camara-trains-for-the-first-time-2885861.aspx

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

If we miss promotion by 1 point we can look back on loads of missed points,Leeds last week for

example. Its got nothing to do with the cup,we can give the cup and league a good run. After all

we haven't exactly seen a good cup run here for years,not made promotion,either.

True but the League is the League and there is no need to tire players or get them i9njured in the Cup because the automatic promotion is hard enough on its own and will probably go to the last two games. Just my opinion, top 6 finish

11 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

If we miss promotion by 1 point we can look back on loads of missed points,Leeds last week for

example. Its got nothing to do with the cup,we can give the cup and league a good run. After all

we haven't exactly seen a good cup run here for years,not made promotion,either.

I suspect 'loads of missed points' could be the reason Clement decided to go for the victory against Boro last weekend. 

Of course there's plenty more to it than that, but it's nice to see a manager that's prepared not to just sit back and accept the draw, Clement clearly sets out to win every game, regardless of opposition quality. 

Defiantly a game to rest most if the first eleven. As someone posted earlier if our back up players can't beat Hartlepool then they cannot be good enough to fill in for injured players in championship, would love to see Zanzala get a bit of game time

1 minute ago, AnimalisaRam said:

Some say you lack penetration? Maybe play up top if you like the balls in behind..

No! Bad! 

11 hours ago, Howard Canitbé said:

I suspect 'loads of missed points' could be the reason Clement decided to go for the victory against Boro last weekend. 

Of course there's plenty more to it than that, but it's nice to see a manager that's prepared not to just sit back and accept the draw, Clement clearly sets out to win every game, regardless of opposition quality. 

Just to be clear,I am not blaming the manager. I blame the players,we are supposed to

have a strong squad its about time they all showed up. Anyway my point was we should

be able to go for the league top2 and the cup.

Hartlepool United's Durham Challenge Cup clash against Gateshead today has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Posted Tuesday on their local paper website, and they've had more rain overnight.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/hartlepool-utd/pools-suffer-yet-another-postponement-1-7656371

edit: oops, that was meant to be at Billingham Town, about 5mi away.. their pitch is waterlogged, not Hartlepool's.

If this goes ahead I'd play a team looking something like this:

Grant

Christie      Keogh   Pearce    Baird

Johnson      Hanson

Camara       Weimann      Russell

Blackman

Just now, YorkshireRam said:

If this goes ahead I'd play a team looking something like this:

Grant

Christie      Keogh   Pearce    Baird

Johnson      Hanson

Camara       Weimann      Russell

Blackman

Bryson? 

Dawkins? 

Bucko?

Shotton? 

Bent? 

I think Bent will start. 

5 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Bryson? 

Dawkins? 

Bucko?

Shotton? 

Bent? 

I think Bent will start. 

That team was picked based on recent signings and based on the possibility of coming across as complacent if we field a 3rd rate team. Doesn't make sense to risk playing an entirely different XI, a loss could shatter morale, I have a feeling the loss to Portsmouth affected us fairly badly.

Grant to start in the hope that Carson will return for Tuesday. Christie and Keogh because they're solid with Pearce and Baird for game time.

Johnson has been out of form therefore a perfect game to try and put in a shift and gain confidence. Hanson for game time, really rate him and believe he will cope in a 2 man midfield with Bradley.

Camara and Russell out wide, can't see either starting against Reading, also a good way to introduce Camara to the squad with little pressure.

Weimann in a more central role, apparently where he's better, got to give a good performance because he's been poor since the Hull game for me; then Blackman upfront, which according to his interview is his favoured position. A goal for these him would kickstart him nicely and probably help him settle quickly, what better opportunity that against Hartlepool in a very attacking formation?

Archived