2015 wipe

Looking back on a year of downs and ups what has been your lowlight/ highlight?

Low - obviously it was the 3-0 Reading defeat. Not far behind was the Leeds 2-1 defeat where our first half performance was dire and I did have concerns over PC which I now hang my head in shame. Highlights (many). If I had to pick one it would be the 4-2 win over Wolves and in particular CM9's 3rd minute strike. As my 2 best mates are Wolves fans and were both at the game made things all the more sweet.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High yeah Wolves game, until they scored the 2nd thought we were on for 5 or 6. Also seeing Chris Martin score the pen against Brighton. Best away trip Fulham, until kick off, (how to spoil a party).

Low Forest away, Reading end of last season was not so much a low, more an acceptance we were not good enough.

Oh another high signing Alex Pearce in summer, needed something to get over the low of not signing a top quality German c/b. Bloke sits at side of me had been telling me for months he heard one was coming on the Internet :ph34r:

By the time we played Reading I wasn't even expecting anything other than what happened

low - seven games without winning from the end of feb onwards

high - 2-0 win at Hull even though I missed it all.

the low for me was the Birmingham home game in March where we were winning 2-0 in the 89th minute, and somehow contrived to get a 2-2 draw. This for me was the breaking point and we never recovered properly and think we only beat Wigan after, and maybe another relegated team. We had all types of desperation after that, and following on from the Fans Forum, seeing the team 'huddle' after conceding was another low.

many highs. I personally enjoyed the Hull result, mainly cos it was against Arsefaced Bruce, who has luck against us. I was in Prague watching, having nice beer and seeing a really mature, professional performance.

I've done a blog post focusing on the positives of 2015. This seems like the best place for it.

http://viewfromtheweststand.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/the-2015-dcfc-oscars.html

Lowest point for me - Fulham away where it became clear that McClaren had no plan B and didn't know how to play without Martin.

High - Clements post-match interviews, no nonsense, no manager speak. Just nice and honest.

Low points, lets get them out of the way-

All the injuries from March onwards

Attack, attack and no defence policy of SM

The Reading game......

High points -

Mel Morris take over

Paul Clement

Bringing back Shacks & learning how to defend

Making Derby County a very hard team to beat and a club on the up

Am I looking forward to 2016.....:thumbsup:

Low - Millwall away.

I know we drew but it was truly shocking how bad we were that day, standing in the concourse hearing Connor Sammon read out over the tannoy should have prepared me, could've been so different if Ince's late effort curled the other side of the post.

High - Our 1st win under Clement vs Preston, listened to via RamsPlayer on a Majorcan balcony with the sun beating down, plenty of San Miguel, and a fast asleep wife!

19 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

High - Our 1st win under Clement vs Preston, listened to via RamsPlayer on a Majorcan balcony with the sun beating down, plenty of San Miguel, and a fast asleep wife!

there's something quite magical for me about being a football fan and watching/listening from abroad in the sunshine.

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

there's something quite magical for me about being a football fan and watching/listening from abroad in the sunshine.

I know when you're watching abroad you'll always bump into other Rams enjoying the game, no matter how remote you are!

I watched the play off final in a bar in Marbella  ,me in my Derby shirt and a bunch of locals .Well I get quite animated watching Derby on the telly and I had this gut feeling we would blob it .

I was pacing up and down teaching the locals in few new words in English profanities with the wife telling me they were not quite sure of me .Horrible day ,although I go to Marbella at least twice a year I have never gone back into that bar.

Archived