Shackell & Carson injuries

Kernow

Firstly, any news on Shackell in the post-match interview? Don't have Sky Sports so won't be able to immediately see. I'm praying it was a precaution. The incident where he picked up the injury was a good 7 or 8 minutes before he came off and he was running around fine after a couple minutes of limping. Despite it being a massive blow, I already sort of expect him to be out for Boro as if he came off he's likely to not play a game in 4 days time. We then haven't got a league game until the 12th January. Let's hope he's back for that one...

Sooner Carson is back the better. Couldn't see us losing that if we hadn't conceded just before half-time. Seemed to affect our performance, most of the second half wasn't great. Grant's been good but this has just re-affirmed the idea that he's always got a mistake in him. Not just one mistake either but several in one burst. Didn't Carson do his back from a dodgy hotel bed? Not much longer please Scott!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news regarding Shacks then thank god. Very frustrating but could be a lot worse.

Shacks wouldn't have changed anything to do with the first goal, that was all Grant's fine work.

If Shacks doesn't get injured though in my opinion Woods doesn't score the second, plus we'd have the extra sub to bring on Thorne which could only have given us a better chance.

If Shacks is out for Boro, I do hope it'll be Pearce and not Shotton. Shotton is more logical to have on the bench as he can cover more than one position, but surely has to be the 5th or 6th best CB at the club? If you were picking a first eleven from scratch and had our loans back I would play Keogh, Shackell, Rawson, Bucko and Albentosa ahead of him.

Just goes to prove the obvious

If we buy in January we need another keeper - Grant isnt it - he conceded a few goals last season with schoolboy keeping - clear tonight nothing has changed

We need another central defender...Keogh looked like the Keogh of last season without Shackell..

Although not having Thorne makes such a difference it is difficult to guage

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

If Shacks is out for Boro, I do hope it'll be Pearce and not Shotton. Shotton is more logical to have on the bench as he can cover more than one position, but surely has to be the 5th or 6th best CB at the club? If you were picking a first eleven from scratch and had our loans back I would play Keogh, Shackell, Rawson, Bucko and Albentosa ahead of him.

Clement mentioned that he wanted more attacking options on the bench, so put Shotton on since he can cover more than one position and free up spaces for other players. He'd more than likely get Pearce in should Shackell not be able to play.

Just now, Yani P said:

Just goes to prove the obvious

If we buy in January we need another keeper - Grant isnt it

We need another central defender...Keogh looked like the Keogh of last season without Shackell..

Although not having Thorne makes such a difference it is difficult to guage

Another central defender? You have to be joking. We have a former Ireland international in the squad who's hardly played all season. Maybe give him a go first?

Just now, Shang said:

Clement mentioned that he wanted more attacking options on the bench, so put Shotton on since he can cover more than one position and free up spaces for other players. He'd more than likely get Pearce in should Shackell not be able to play.

Just strap Shackell up and play him! He's not great on the ball anyway so as long as he can run he's good to go

1 minute ago, Anon said:

Another central defender? You have to be joking. We have a former Ireland international in the squad who's hardly played all season. Maybe give him a go first?

Do you get the feeling the confidence is there from the management? defence is the only area that could let us down 2nd half of the season - why not strengthen if the right player is available?

Just now, Yani P said:

Do you get the feeling the confidence is there from the management? defence is the only area that could let us down 2nd half of the season - why not strengthen if the right player is available?

If they weren't confident in Pearce why is he here? He's not a McClaren signing.

5 minutes ago, Shang said:

Don't buy this, Baird covers the full back positions, so Pearce should be there.

Heck, even Hendrick can cover right back and Johnson could cover left back.

Archived