Shackell & Carson injuries

Kernow

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant is fine as a backup keeper. Don't get why everyone is moaning, he isn't our number 1 and you're not going to get anyone better to come to the club and sit on the bench so accept that he will be here.

If shackell isn't back it's a worry as someone said above, we will have the same defence as last year which was a disaster

17 hours ago, Shang said:

Clement mentioned that he wanted more attacking options on the bench, so put Shotton on since he can cover more than one position and free up spaces for other players. He'd more than likely get Pearce in should Shackell not be able to play.

Really don't get that - surely being attacking we'd have had one of the forwards from the u21s on the bench, rather than one of the 4 defensive players of Baird, Shotton, Hanson & Thorne (having an extra forward on the bench is the only marginally picky thing I'd like to change at the moment - it's not bad when the only thing to complain about is the bench line up!!)

It is typical the one time Pearce isn't on the bench though one of the CBs gets crocked. 

Lets wrap Shackell up in cotton wool till we've got an auto place secured!

Really hope shacks back I know someone said shacks wouldn't have prevented the first goal but personally I think he would have. Where grant come out to punch the ball(sorry flapped at it) that's where shacks would have been and personally think grant would have stayed on his line knowing that shackell don't loose headers.

4 minutes ago, harryram said:

Wouldn't read to much into it chances are players that played last nite may have had the day off

It means that Carson may be fit and available to play, nothing to do with anyone else.

If he's fit he plays, simple

'Do nothing' was the argument last season.

that was why we failed to achieve the play offs.

And that was a major factor in everyone losing their jobs.

fortunately mel came to the rescue.

if we are ambitious then we have to weed out the weak links and replace with better players.

i'd be amazed if we want to risk making the same mistake twice.

22 hours ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

I can't remember any if many goals conceded via headers this season, because of Shackell. Watch him, his positional sense is amazing and he is constantly helping Keogh out with his. He wasn't there for the 2 Leeds goal, it doesn't happen if he's on the pitch IMO

Johnson is NOT a holding midfielder. Hasn't got the discipline or work rate. His attributes are better suited further forward. 

First against Pompey. Ok, was only the Capital one carling cup or whatever, but shacks was on the pitch although i don't think it was his man who got the header in and Granty was right behind it untuil he threw it into the corner of the goal.

Still - Shacks was there and it was a header than went in.....:whistle:

14 hours ago, Chris Mills said:

Grant is fine as a backup keeper. Don't get why everyone is moaning, he isn't our number 1 and you're not going to get anyone better to come to the club and sit on the bench so accept that he will be here.

If shackell isn't back it's a worry as someone said above, we will have the same defence as last year which was a disaster

Why everyone is moaning? Seriously?

I don't think he is fine even as backup. PL teams have better third keeper than our second best. It really shouldn't be so. And about the goal... as Grant hasn't played a lot, he had to make 5 errors in few seconds just to make up the lost time. That's the only good explanation I've managed to make.

I bet neutral fans are having hilarious time watching that goal.

Archived