which clubs got embargoed for christmas

davenportram

Fullham and Forest

Bournemouth broke the rules, no sanction stated yet guess they're waiting for the QPR legal battle to finish (any new on that?)

millwall broke the rules too but no punishment because relegation wasn't seen as gaining an advantage

http://mobile.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/championship-financial-fair-play-2867176.aspx

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bolton are umbongoed as they couldn't get accountants to sign off accounts owing to the instability of the club at the moment.

They reckon that they would have met the criteria, but sounds like a classic case of 'the dog ate my homework sir' to me.

The cynic in me reckons that they wouldn't have passed it, but do not wish to attempt to sell when under punishment.

The two best excuses  from pupils for undone homework were:-

1. My dog ate the said item

2. My grannie ripped up my homework.

On both counts I decided to believe the pupils and it had the unexpected bonus of relieving me of the somewhat onerous task of marking the said items.

Best Bullshirt was from the brother of a pupil who handed in his brother's project from the previous year with all the ticks that I had made on it not very neatly tippexed over. He continued with his bull for so long that I decided to give him diplomatic immunity. I decided that it was best described as a joint effort. It is, as we speak, being considered for the Booker Prize (Tippex subcategory). The film rights are also being negotiated vigorously with a one figure fee being mooted.

3 hours ago, davenportram said:

Fullham and Forest

Bournemouth broke the rules, no sanction stated yet guess they're waiting for the QPR legal battle to finish (any new on that?)

millwall broke the rules too but no punishment because relegation wasn't seen as gaining an advantage

http://mobile.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/championship-financial-fair-play-2867176.aspx

Brilliant. Merry Christmas Red Dogs!

12 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Wouldn't normally say this but I do feel for the forest fans. The sell their best player for 7m and still can't get out of it, get the impression the fa hates fawaz as much as the rest of us 

The money they got in only matched what went out on Alongerdongler - net gain of zip.

Thing is FFP hinders the smaller clubs. All it does it keeps the bigger teams with bigger revenues richer than the rest, I'm glad Bournemouth told em to stick it, broke the rules and got promoted.

Had they not broken the rules and stuck to FFP, I doubt they'd ever have the chance to play in the PL.

We can all complain on here, but let's be realistic. Derby are a big club in terms of support and revenue compared to a good number in the Championship therefore it's easy for us to point the finger.

If we were a Rotherham, how would we expect to have a shot at promotion without spending?

By preventing Bournemouth to spend a few quid would basically deny them the chance to finish above us unless of a miracle, That, in my opinion, is unfair. Glad they're doing well.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Thing is FFP hinders the smaller clubs. All it does it keeps the bigger teams with bigger revenues richer than the rest, I'm glad Bournemouth told em to stick it, broke the rules and got promoted.

Had they not broken the rules and stuck to FFP, I doubt they'd ever have the chance to play in the PL.

We can all complain on here, but let's be realistic. Derby are a big club in terms of support and revenue compared to a good number in the Championship therefore it's easy for us to point the finger.

If we were a Rotherham, how would we expect to have a shot at promotion without spending?

By preventing Bournemouth to spend a few quid would basically deny them the chance to finish above us unless of a miracle, That, in my opinion, is unfair. Glad they're doing well.

By spending prudently within their means and winning games of football. Not buying their way to the top.

Derby can spend money that Rotherham can't because we're a bigger club and we bring more money in. How can a poor student like me ever afford a Ferrari if you won't let me spend money I don't have? How unfair that Bill Gates can and I can't. Just because he has bigger revenue streams doesn't mean he can be allowed to spend more than me.

5 minutes ago, Tombo said:

By spending prudently within their means and winning games of football. Not buying their way to the top.

Derby can spend money that Rotherham can't because we're a bigger club and we bring more money in. How can a poor student like me ever afford a Ferrari if you won't let me spend money I don't have? How unfair that Bill Gates can and I can't. Just because he has bigger revenue streams doesn't mean he can be allowed to spend more than me.

You can't compare the two. FFP came in when club status had already been set. It would be fair if FFP came when everyone started on a level playing field, but it hasn't.

Rotherham can't compete with Derby financially. They're miles off. So how is that fair? They're going to have to do something truly superb to get anywhere near the top.

All because they're restricted to their spending. They can't even gamble a little. Whoever they bring in, if they're any good, they'll be sold within 12 months just to 'balance the books'.

FFP kills the dream for the smaller clubs. It's unrealistic to expect a Rotherham to compete within their own budget againt big spenders. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

You can only complain about teams buying their way to the top because FFP suits Derby. I bet if the shoe was on other foot you wouldn't have the same train of thought.

52 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Maybe those teams should try growing their fanbase first so the club is sustainable before progressing to the next level?

Bournemouth has a population of 190,000 and nearly half a million in the immediate area. For context, Derby has a population of 250,000 and 1,500,000 in the immediate area including Nottingham.

It's all very well for clubs to dream, but what about the local businesses, the employees, and the taxes that are left unpaid when these millionaires lose interest and pull out?

25 minutes ago, Anon said:

Maybe those teams should try growing their fanbase first so the club is sustainable before progressing to the next level?

Bournemouth has a population of 190,000 and nearly half a million in the immediate area. For context, Derby has a population of 250,000 and 1,500,000 in the immediate area including Nottingham.

It's all very well for clubs to dream, but what about the local businesses, the employees, and the taxes that are left unpaid when these millionaires lose interest and pull out?

I'm not sure I entirely agree with what I've written by the way, but I did want to point out that there are some sensible reasons for FFP and isn't only a case of football trying to "keep the little guy down". I also wonder if we'll be in next year's report, considering our considerable spend this summer.

Also, if anyone has a link to the thread from January where Bournmouth fans were criticising our loans as extravagant at the very time their own club was bidding 5 million for Demarai Gray I would appreciate it.

Archived