Super Scott Carson

froggg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A top keeper who came to the right club at the right time.  i like the guy, he's got style, albeit scruffy.

Some credit must go to Pascal Zuberbühler for getting him prepared for the season.  Who knows, maybe Grant's keeping and distribution has become awesome in the last few weeks because of Super Zuberbühler.  Too much?  Well, after last night my optimism knows no bounds.

Like many others have said, was pretty underwhelmed when he signed, not because I don't rate him but because I didn't think we needed him... Oh how wrong I was!

He's a class above Grant and has proved a key player on many an occasion already this season. He just can't seem to do wrong at the minute, despite actually making a couple of mistakes.

Credit to Sam Rush and the scouting team for signing Carson, possibly the most astute signing for us this season?

35 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Like many others have said, was pretty underwhelmed when he signed, not because I don't rate him but because I didn't think we needed him... Oh how wrong I was!

He's a class above Grant and has proved a key player on many an occasion already this season. He just can't seem to do wrong at the minute, despite actually making a couple of mistakes.

Credit to Sam Rush and the scouting team for signing Carson, possibly the most astute signing for us this season?

Getting Weimann for 2m was daylight robbery, although it did take him a while to settle. So I'd say it would be between Carson and Weimann for most astute signing, everyone else is doing well but we probably paid a fair price for all of them.

It does make me think who else was in for Carson, if anyone. Wigan fans were delighted we'd taken him off their hands, exclaiming how useless he was for them, so maybe no other clubs looked past that. In which case, fair play Derby once again.

One example of many:

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

It does make me think who else was in for Carson, if anyone. Wigan fans were delighted we'd taken him off their hands, exclaiming how useless he was for them, so maybe no other clubs looked past that. In which case, fair play Derby once again.

I think I heard that Birmingham wanted Carson at the time, but he chose Derby. 

41 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Omg........this is unreal !!!

21 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Getting Weimann for 2m was daylight robbery, although it did take him a while to settle. So I'd say it would be between Carson and Weimann for most astute signing, everyone else is doing well but we probably paid a fair price for all of them.

One example of many:

Managed to miss most of the Wigan negativity somehow so haven't seen that. Hard to believe given the form he's currently in

On 28 November 2015 08:50:39, curtains said:

Two of the best  

http://youtu.be/I75-0-djZKs

Enjoyed watching that clip. I think Scott is a great person to have at the club, think he will keep many entertained and bring a smile to many faces and that good feel factor is just as important off the pitch as it is on it. Keep up the great work Super Scott Carson.

Archived