Alan Nixon January 2016 transfer rumours

Carl Sagan

33 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

It is benik afobe.... it says 10m and we in the box seat.... load of ****** so wont even bother opening a new thread on this

i know you're right but blimey, if we had Afobe we would take some stopping.

I hope that as well as a top forward we get an attacking left back. Warnock is a good bloke and a true pro but his galloping days are over. 

I also think we could do with shipping a few out. We keep a lot of deadwood who have little chance of making it into the team.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

i know you're right but blimey, if we had Afobe we would take some stopping.

I hope that as well as a top forward we get an attacking left back. Warnock is a good bloke and a true pro but his galloping days are over. 

I also think we could do with shipping a few out. We keep a lot of deadwood who have little chance of making it into the team.

Eh? I'd say he has been one of our best players since the crocking of Fozzy. 

2 minutes ago, robglosta said:

Eh? I'd say he has been one of our best players since the crocking of Fozzy. 

Hi Robglosta - no criticism intended. I think Warnock is a great pro and as a left back myself, I appreciate his defensive skill. I would say he is our most reliable defender and has played well. I just think that we need a pace option there, too. 

I really rate Afobe and he's the type of pacy,natural predator we need.I think he'd do for us what Calum Wilson did for Bournemouth and what Gray's doing at Burnley.£10 million does sound a lot but if you go up as a result of his goals,you're guaranteed £150 million just to be in the prem! That's a decent return on your investment for me.We are desperate for some pace up front so I'll be greedy and suggest we need a winger as well who can hold the ball and take on full backs and provide the quality delivery that's lacking at present.

To be honest I'd have never believed we would fork out £6m on a player before we did on Johnson on deadline day so you never know... Also rate James Henry from Wolves, although not sure how much of an improvement he is on what we already have.

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Pretty sure we can't spend £10m without getting some cash in.

Think you could buy a striker as good as Afobe for less than £10m.

Might be a chance we could get him for less than £10 mil I reckon. Since they put the £10 million price tag on him when Norwich were interested, their chairman has announced he plans to sell the club. There's a chance he might just try and cash in on the best offer he gets for Afobe before he does eventually sell the club.

You can't be spending that kind of money without outgoings, we are already on borderline with FFP as it is id imagine.

Either Martin (who's been poor lately) gets sold, Bent gets off the wage bill or we cash in on a Hendrick, Russell or Thorne.

Selling Shotton, Roos, Buxton, Pearce and Dawkins will get you a million, if that.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Ross Mccormack done deal to Watford for 8 million or at least they seem to have had a bid accepted. Makes sense because there is no need for him to move locations.

Where you seeing this? I've just seen lots of rumour about him handing in a transfer request.

53 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Ross Mccormack done deal to Watford for 8 million or at least they seem to have had a bid accepted. Makes sense because there is no need for him to move locations.

That means Middlesborough have missed out  ??

Archived