Alan Nixon January 2016 transfer rumours

Carl Sagan

7 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I think that Clement favours a diamond formation but has stuck with 433 due to the players currently available. I keep hearing that we're also still after a left back. As Warnock is doing very well, that could mean that Clement wants a quicker, fitter player there to provide width.

Maybe we'll look something like this in February

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Olsson 

Thorne

Butterfield Johnson

Ince

Afobe Bent

I do like the look of this, and it would suit Hughes when he returns (based on his excellent performance in the diamond against Villareal), as well as Bryson who would have lots of freedom to get in and around the forwards. I don't think the lack of width would be a problem because Christie loves to bomb on and Lowe/Olsson would get up and down as well. Whilst Warnock isn't exactly dynamic, he still offers a little bit going forward, so he would be adequate if we didn't sign another left back and if Lowe isn't ready; I would imagine we would probably just focus more of our attacks down the right side.

One change I would make would be Martin for Bent because I think Martin would work well with a pacier partner and he wouldn't have as much responsibility to always be the one to hold the ball up. It would also suit Bent and Weimann as strikers because they could use their pace to get in behind and cause trouble (especially Weimann) as they wouldn't have to worry about being a target man (something which Bent has to do in a 4-3-3).

The only problem would be finding a place for Johnny Russell, who I love for his passion and determination and who is good out wide but I don't rate him as a Championship striker.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

One of the posters on the Wolves forum is claiming he has heard £8 million plus Russell. Says they, apparently, had a bid knocked back in the summer but that Kenny Jackett remains keen...

Obviously no way of telling if that's true, but in my opinion that's too much.

If Weimann is worth £2mil then Russell easily is too.

If we were to offer Russell, although I'd hope we wouldn't, I would want at least a couple million off the fee.

9 hours ago, maydrakin said:

The problem with this theory is why would we be looking to bring in an out and out winger, in Camara, if the plan is to abandon wingers?

Even with signing camara we still wouldn't have any real out and out wingers. Camara has played most his career in a front two it seems. Can't say anybody in our squad is an actual out and out winger, maybe ince is about as close as you get.

Archived