Huddersfield Town v Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made up with that win. After the draw mid-week it was important to keep our momentum going with a win and the lads dug one out. Brilliant stuff. How's Ince?

overall we dominated despite giving away a silly goal - bit nervy near the end but we should have scored more, their goalie won their man of the match award. 

thorne immense and a cracking goal - Johnson outstanding again. Butterfield grew in confidence during the game. 

Ince was injured very early on but it took Russell telling the bench before anything happened. Huddersfield also lost Scammell early so balanced up. 

Carson 6 not much to do

Christie 7 Pushed forward excellently - could have scored

Forsyth 6 - under pressure first half 

Shackell 8 - header after header

Keogh 6 - their goal

Johnson 8 - battling all day

Thorne 9 - superb distribution, tackled and picked up the pieces, brilliant goal

Butterfield 7 - best game for us

Martin 7 - good finish, leadership

Ince 6 - injured

Russell 7 - huge effort - left Forsyth struggling first half

subs Weimann 6, Hanson 6, Bent no time

Good to see we played well away from home. I haven't been too convinced with our away performances this season, we were poor at MK Dons and Reading (before sending-off) and looked like we created nothing at Blackburn.

Huddersfield had only lost once at home before today so was set up to be a tough match.

Two home games to enjoy now, great opportunities to extend our unbeaten run and put some pressure on Brighton at the top.

Good to see we played well away from home. I haven't been too convinced with our away performances this season, we were poor at MK Dons and Reading (before sending-off) and looked like we created nothing at Blackburn.

I know where you're coming from, but the W4 D3 L0 away record is second to none.

Archived