Stupid things heard at the match: Wolves

RamLad1884

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Let's be honest Wolves are not a good side' 

I didn't say it, I heard it 

some folk clearly should attend every game in the away end with how negative they are. Wolves were ok and had a decent spell. They just couldn't cope with Martin and lost the midfield. If they had scored when they had that spell in the first half and we hadn't scored with the last kick of the half it could have been different. But that's all 'ifs', we played well. We could call their two goals slopped, they will say they were well worked. All opinions but some people opinions are just plain wrong. 

I consider myself a calm sort of chap, but I broke the habit of a lifetime on Sunday and actually turned round to a fellow fan and had a go. He is a new season ticket holder around us this season, and I'm already wondering how I can get him banned on some fictitious and trumped up allegation.

During the game:

Thorne was crap

Martin does nothing

(insert player name, I counted at least 6) needs to raise his game, not good enough

Why is Hendrick on the pitch

Christie is useless

He's useless, he's useless, we're all useless.

And it's not just once, it's a constant tourettes-style vomiting of criticism that lasts 90-plus minutes.

I'm used to the odd moan, but this actually spoiled my enjoyment of the game as the more I tried to ignore him the more all I could hear was him.

He is a moron, he lacks intelligence and any social awareness and he is not a Derby County supporter, despite paying for a ticket and wearing a Rams shirt.

Against Brentford (again when we were playing well) I had to ask him to tone down his vile language, and now this on Sunday. 

If this carries on I'll be forced to leave the seat I've sat in for seasons on end.

If only because I'll be doing time for murder.

I think he took it on board as he wasn't swearing as much on Sunday, but if he starts again you're right, I'll report him.

An email to Nigel Wood would ensure that he receives a letter from the club warning him about his future behaviour. He would also probably receive a visit at his seat from two stewards as a visible warning. Result would be that he would probably change his seat away from you.

However much I shake my head at some of these overheard comments, need to also understand that some people are glass half full and others half empty in everyday life, just the way some people are. Think it would be harsh to report someone for saying/shouting what you see as rubbish towards the players, no matter how bizarre it is.

With regards to bad language it is football, should be kinda expected, you've got one stand in full voice singing Stan Collymore's a ****** and if you don't ******* bounce, yet signs in the concourse about foul language. If theres kids directly around maybe fair enough to ask him to tone it down a bit, always the North and West stands if you want to avoid it all together, just have to put your hands on your ears when the South Stand get going.

When Johnson crossed for Martin, 'For **** sake, a nothing ball'.

You can expect mindless comments from muppets at any football stadium, the comments that annoy me come from people who you would otherwise expect to be reasonably intelligent. It's like they are wilfully ignorant of the game they seem to care about so much.

Think some people just need to realise people react to stuff in the moment differently to others. The same people who come out with some of this nonsense would be perfectly sensible in conversation about the game 2 hours after the game.

When Johnson crossed for Martin, 'For **** sake, a nothing ball'.

You can expect mindless comments from muppets at any football stadium, the comments that annoy me come from people who you would otherwise expect to be reasonably intelligent. It's like they are wilfully ignorant of the game they seem to care about so much.

I just realised I have described Danny Mills and his punditry skills perfectly there.

I consider myself a calm sort of chap, but I broke the habit of a lifetime on Sunday and actually turned round to a fellow fan and had a go. He is a new season ticket holder around us this season, and I'm already wondering how I can get him banned on some fictitious and trumped up allegation.

During the game:

Thorne was crap

Martin does nothing

(insert player name, I counted at least 6) needs to raise his game, not good enough

Why is Hendrick on the pitch

Christie is useless

He's useless, he's useless, we're all useless.

And it's not just once, it's a constant tourettes-style vomiting of criticism that lasts 90-plus minutes.

I'm used to the odd moan, but this actually spoiled my enjoyment of the game as the more I tried to ignore him the more all I could hear was him.

He is a moron, he lacks intelligence and any social awareness and he is not a Derby County supporter, despite paying for a ticket and wearing a Rams shirt.

Against Brentford (again when we were playing well) I had to ask him to tone down his vile language, and now this on Sunday. 

If this carries on I'll be forced to leave the seat I've sat in for seasons on end.

If only because I'll be doing time for murder.

take a photo of him, make it obvious that you are taking one too! When he asks why, just shrug, he'll spend the rest of the game confused.

The guy next to me randomly shouts 'get into um' and makes me jump every time. And I'm still not sure what he means by 'get into um'. Does that mean randomly jump in? or clatter into someone and give a freekick away?.

And he also insists on calling Martin 'Fatty' every game - clearly he'll do this until someone laughs. Tells Martin to stop moaning and to 'get up'. He clearly can't see why Martin does that.

In fact hes a k**b. I forget about the clown until I take my seat and have to listen to his absolute s***e every match. Nightmare.

Archived