Academy Plans

Mihangel

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not seen much discussion on the new expansion plans for the academy - Anyone know much about it? Looked at the documents on Erewash planning site and looks like significant development, is there a local reaction?

I used to work for the Private Building Control Body who did a few of the jobs for Moor Farm, beautiful set up. Expanding it still? its already state of the art.

Some Locals will be disgruntled at it and some wont, haven't seen the drawings so i assume if it is being built in closer proximity to the houses then there will be a few issues with the locals but living there you must appreciate that it is an expanding business

I don't know the plans but when my lad is there it has been mentioned in chatting that they want to expand it further and build a new indoor full size pitch, (as the current one is a tiny), they also want to add more changing rooms etc so they have a first team and academy area, also it was mentioned the academy lads would use one area for training days and a different one when they have games so there is more of a match day experience. 

I used to work for the Private Building Control Body who did a few of the jobs for Moor Farm, beautiful set up. Expanding it still? its already state of the art.

Some Locals will be disgruntled at it and some wont, haven't seen the drawings so i assume if it is being built in closer proximity to the houses then there will be a few issues with the locals but living there you must appreciate that it is an expanding business

I really hope there aren't objections and one of the reasons I posted this was to make you sure any objections are countered with support, moor farm is essential for the club and we should be doing everything we can go support its development.

I really hope there aren't objections and one of the reasons I posted this was to make you sure any objections are countered with support, moor farm is essential for the club and we should be doing everything we can go support its development.

I don't know how this works but do any objections get handled by the Derbyshire County Council? Bearing in mind that a successful club creates jobs and improves the economy surely it's something this is definitely going to get pushed through! 

I don't know how this works but do any objections get handled by the Derbyshire County Council? Bearing in mind that a successful club creates jobs and improves the economy surely it's something this is definitely going to get pushed through! 

I think it's Amber Valley who get the say on this.

I think that I heard that the Academy is right on the boundary between two council areas. The people living across the road did not want floodlights at the Academy but the floodlights are not in their Council Area, I think that I heard that but it may not be correct. Can anyone throw any light on this matter?

Archived