Academy Plans

Mihangel

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ShoreRam said:

Final approval from the government, and appealing the original which makes sense - This is brilliant news for the club and while not wanting to get in to a 'Mel' debate, think about this before you abuse him...

https://twitter.com/BBCChrisD/status/78897988728986419

Brilliant news. You definitely can't fault Mel on this and his commitment to improving the club behind the Scenes

Can someone elaborate on this a little, i know that Erewash Council kept refusing  Does this now mean that we have gone to the Government to appeal and they have approved? 

or that we have amended the plans completely to satisfy Erewash Council and these have now been approved? 

3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Can someone elaborate on this a little, i know that Erewash Council kept refusing  Does this now mean that we have gone to the Government to appeal and they have approved? 

or that we have amended the plans completely to satisfy Erewash Council and these have now been approved? 

It went to a court trial and Derby won. 

Basically they were saying there is no reason for Erewash Council to keep refusing so they took it to a court hearing and Derby won that court hearing but it still needed to be authorised by the Government to go ahead.

That has now happened.

2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

It went to a court trial and Derby won. 

Basically they were saying there is no reason for Erewash Council to keep refusing so they took it to a court hearing and Derby won that court hearing but it still needed to be authorised by the Government to go ahead.

That has now happened.

Cheers pal. Great news 

7 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Erewash council initially approved a couple of years back, the Secretary of state referred it back, they then refused. The club submitted a new application which was approved, the secretary of state has now said he does not need to review so the new application is approved, full stop. However, the club are also in the process of appealing the original application that has more development in it than the new one, I guess that's what Mel is referring to when he mentions a Feb-17 decisions. I hope that make sense?

Archived