Academy Plans

Mihangel

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Papahet said:

The plans look impressive, certainly from the slideshow at the fans forum.

Whats the crack with the Ipro "extension" anyway? Nobodies mentioned it on here, it was tweeted by Radio Derby a week or two ago and went into say they'd be boxes beneath the north and West stand...

I thought that was more to do with office space than anything to do with capacity or owt for the fans.

5 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

Lets build the extra tier around the horseshoe. When in prem top players will want to play for clubs with biggest gates. Also 45k would get future world cup.

Top players play for top money and wouldn't want to be playing in a ground with 10,000 empty seats.

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

NIMBY NIMBY but I paid a lot of money to be in the sort of place where you don't have to see or hear about those sorts of people.... It's not fair....think of the value of my property.

If there wasn't any RadioavctiveWaste on your site, surely your house would be worth more. I do not want any fall out over this post. (smiley)

Crikey - blow for the club and very surprising, thought the application looked pretty solid and like they'd thought about the character of the area pretty well. Imagine they'll be back with a revised application at some point.

User Actions
 Following
1665LYnz_bigger.jpegChris Doidge@BBCChrisD

Planners are recommending @dcfcofficial's proposed extension of its Moor Farm training ground is refused permission.

"

https://twitter.com/BBCChrisD/status/674208336137601024

Just now, Derbados said:

Typical bloody councils, useless.

for the ignorant anongst us (me) what would be the reasons for refusing it? 

tldr - The Govt and Erewash BC both have policy on planning applications on designated green belt land that this application falls foul of. Derby argued needs case/benefits outweigh the harm, Erewash BC disagrees.

http://moderngov.erewash.gov.uk/documents/s19925/Item%204%200915_0044%2051%20Report.pdf

Reason given is that the plans are expanding some big structures over existing farm land, which is seen as important to the character of the designated green belt by gov & Erewash policy. They're basically saying the big new indoor pitch area and spectator seating are too big and wouldn't look right in a rural area.

I think it's a bad decision because the training centre already exists, and from the planning application docs this piece of history is the most relevant because we've been here before! The Council cannot seriously expect a modern football club to rely on an ageing facility forever and not expect demands to increase with time.

All of the points made in 2.2 (below) remain completely valid today as they did then, if not more so. By the looks of it, the club made this argument too.

2.1 The previous planning history of the site is detailed below. Planning permission was originally granted by the Secretary of State (SoS) on 16 May 2000. That application was ‘called-in’ by the Government Office because of conflict with Green Belt Policy due mainly to the extent of built development that was proposed on the site. The selection of Moor Farm as a site for the development resulted from an extensive search of other sites within the Derby area (including at Pride Park and other locations within the City, IMcH Planning and Development Consultancy Page 2 Erewash, South Derbyshire and Amber Valley). Consideration was also given to operating the training and academy facilities from different sites (as had been the case previously).

2.2 Following an 8 day public inquiry, the SoS found that the original proposal was inappropriate development within the Green Belt, due to primarily to the scale of building on the site and resultant loss of openness. However, it was concluded that the lack of alternative and suitable sites, added to the strict requirements of the Football Association (FA), and the benefits to the local community (in terms of the opportunity to develop local talent), amounted to very special circumstances, which outweighed the harm to the Green Belt.

2.3 It should also be noted that Erewash Borough Council supported the original proposal and to date, has shared the views of the SoS in terms of the centre being a ‘special case’, which will not create a precedent for other development within the Green Belt which is found to be inappropriate.

21 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

tldr - The Govt and Erewash BC both have policy on planning applications on designated green belt land that this application falls foul of. Derby argued needs case/benefits outweigh the harm, Erewash BC disagrees.

http://moderngov.erewash.gov.uk/documents/s19925/Item%204%200915_0044%2051%20Report.pdf

Reason given is that the plans are expanding some big structures over existing farm land, which is seen as important to the character of the designated green belt by gov & Erewash policy. They're basically saying the big new indoor pitch area and spectator seating are too big and wouldn't look right in a rural area.

I think it's a bad decision because the training centre already exists, and from the planning application docs this piece of history is the most relevant because we've been here before! The Council cannot seriously expect a modern football club to rely on an ageing facility forever and not expect demands to increase with time.

All of the points made in 2.2 (below) remain completely valid today as they did then, if not more so. By the looks of it, the club made this argument too.

2.1 The previous planning history of the site is detailed below. Planning permission was originally granted by the Secretary of State (SoS) on 16 May 2000. That application was ‘called-in’ by the Government Office because of conflict with Green Belt Policy due mainly to the extent of built development that was proposed on the site. The selection of Moor Farm as a site for the development resulted from an extensive search of other sites within the Derby area (including at Pride Park and other locations within the City, IMcH Planning and Development Consultancy Page 2 Erewash, South Derbyshire and Amber Valley). Consideration was also given to operating the training and academy facilities from different sites (as had been the case previously).

2.2 Following an 8 day public inquiry, the SoS found that the original proposal was inappropriate development within the Green Belt, due to primarily to the scale of building on the site and resultant loss of openness. However, it was concluded that the lack of alternative and suitable sites, added to the strict requirements of the Football Association (FA), and the benefits to the local community (in terms of the opportunity to develop local talent), amounted to very special circumstances, which outweighed the harm to the Green Belt.

2.3 It should also be noted that Erewash Borough Council supported the original proposal and to date, has shared the views of the SoS in terms of the centre being a ‘special case’, which will not create a precedent for other development within the Green Belt which is found to be inappropriate.

Cheers, I thought it might be something as daft as that! I've worked closely with numerous councils with my work over the last couple of years and I can't bloody stand them! Useless dithering and incompetent 

Archived