Academy Plans

Mihangel

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will probably take a few months to draw up revised plans. I can't imagine this never being done, but the delays will be irritating to many a the club. Lots of time will have gone into the preparing for the beginning of the expansion work.

If they're recommending refusal, can that recommendation be overturned or is that it for the plans in their current state?

In other places (Brighton comes to mind, and Charlton I think), fans of the clubs formed a political group to support their club and ousted those Councillors who blocked planning requests at the following election. Then the plans were voted through to the benefit of club and community. It seems unwise and strangely unsupportive of a local institution for Erewash to refuse this and I hope there will be a vociferous campaign from supporters to get the decision or the Councillors overturned!

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

If they're recommending refusal, can that recommendation be overturned or is that it for the plans in their current state?

In other places (Brighton comes to mind, and Charlton I think), fans of the clubs formed a political group to support their club and ousted those Councillors who blocked planning requests at the following election. Then the plans were voted through to the benefit of club and community. It seems unwise and strangely unsupportive of a local institution for Erewash to refuse this and I hope there will be a vociferous campaign from supporters to get the decision or the Councillors overturned!

The recommendation can be overturned on the night by the committee. Doesn't happen too often when recommended to refuse but you never know.

If you do live in Erewash and it would impact on your vote, or wanted to get that kind of campaign going, certainly it is possible to look at who the Planning Committee members are (.http://moderngov.erewash.gov.uk/mgCommitteeDetails.aspx?ID=106) and then, if any of them represent you (stick your postcode in at https://www.writetothem.com/ to find out) email them to tell them how important it is that they vote to approve.

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

So the people of Oakwood are up in arms about building on green belt land? I remember the fields before toy town was built, oh the irony 

It's even called 'oakwood' in memorial. they must have some really short memories. I'm not that old, but even I can say 'I remeber when all this was fields'.

I live in Oakwood and go passed Moor Farm most days.

The undeveloped fields on either side of the complex are terrible. Overgrown weeds, fences falling down and completely neglected.

If the council squash the redevelopment plans, I'd like to know what they have in mind for the land instead as, in its current state it looks like a dump.

Bloody nimby snobs.

think about the jobs created.

i know there's a few big houses up that main road past the entrance and no doubt some have friends in high places.

but they're up against Mel Morris, saviour of the universe.

i think we know the outcome.

come on Mel! Just buy all them houses and stick the young academy lads in them.

if they're that upset about the development they'll want to sell up no?

2 minutes ago, HeyHudson said:

There's a convent right across the road from Moor Farm ;)

There is... Convent of the Holy Name - nuns everywhere.

Incidentally, they own the two houses either side of their entrance driveway and rent them out for money - I used to live in one of them a couple of years ago.

Archived