Academy Plans

Mihangel

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, philmycock said:

So the people of Oakwood are up in arms about building on green belt land? I remember the fields before toy town was built, oh the irony 

This!!!

15 hours ago, philmycock said:

So the people of Oakwood are up in arms about building on green belt land? I remember the fields before toy town was built, oh the irony 

Not me, and I don't think many would be, other than those living opposite.
I can't understand why anyone in the area would object as its far better than another load of houses.

For everyone's information there are other plans to possibly build on land between Mansfield Road/Lime Lane and Chaddesden Wood (that's the wood in Oakwood). The planning document says =
" A planning application for 250 new homes on the western part of the wider site has been submitted, but is yet to be determined. "

Be interesting to see how that one develops - maybe all Rams fans should oppose it - including Mel.

5 hours ago, Srg said:

There is... Convent of the Holy Name - nuns everywhere.

Incidentally, they own the two houses either side of their entrance driveway and rent them out for money - I used to live in one of them a couple of years ago.

What a crap name for a convent? It really sounds like they just went 'convent of the something something holy'. That'll probably do. 

56 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

What a crap name for a convent? It really sounds like they just went 'convent of the something something holy'. That'll probably do. 

Sounds like one of those where the draft says "Convent of the [Holy Name]", it never got filled in and no-one noticed before it was too late.

Archived