Academy Plans

Mihangel

Has to be the way to go. Its still astonishing that all this time after the introduction of academies (15/20  years +?) how few players seem to come through in England, despite all that effort and cost. 

Most of the top prem teams seem to have abandoned the idea of sourcing from within despite ploughing huge sums into facilities,  which hopefully even more opens the door for us. Youngsters  have far more chance of getting somewhere with Derby  than , say, a Chelsea, United or Citeh, let alone a  Newcastle, West Ham or Villa. 

Well done Mel for insisting on this on being one of his fundemental principles and ensuring that it is part of the remit of any Derby County Manager/Coach. And so it was great to see Hanson coming on ahead of Baird against Brentford recently.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like most of the objections were successfully swatted away - standard NIMBYs concerns. 7 isn't many, in the grand scheme of things, especially when the population of Oakwood is about 13-14k.

The loss of privacy contest seems daft though - the only thing the third storey will overlook is Locko Park - there's only 10 or so homes close enough to Moor Farm to see the buildings.

1 hour ago, ShoreRam said:

There's been 7 objections according to a response document on the planning site - Worth a look if you're interested..... Anyone know much about planning, is it worth encouraging people to write in support? Is 7 alot?

http://planportal.erewash.gov.uk/PlanningLive/StreamDocPage/obj.pdf?DocNo=47404&PageNo=1&content=obj.pdf

"8. Club is in Championship and does not need to comply with premier league requirements." 

Cheeky barsteward. 

1 hour ago, Daveo said:

The loss of water pressure in the summer got me, be the same kind of people that write into the BBC if they see a mini skirt on Eastenders 

Same kinda person as the Mother who complained to the BBC that CeeBebies finished too late in the evening (7pm) and her daughter wasn't getting enough sleep.  The BBC's reply "Your TV has an off button, use it" :lol:

Mel (sorry Mr Morris if you're reading) isn't messing around.  I love the fact he has a clear vision of how to make us competitive in the premier league and is setting everything in place now.  Hopefully in a fews years time we can be the envy of a lot of clubs...

Objection! We're not in the Premier League so we shouldn't start building for it.....I wonder if whoever wrote that has spare bedrooms in their house just in case they get guests stay over in the future when they could sleep on the sofa

3 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Objection! We're not in the Premier League so we shouldn't start building for it.....I wonder if whoever wrote that has spare bedrooms in their house just in case they get guests stay over in the future when they could sleep on the sofa

Probably wouldn't bother with life insurance as they are not dead yet.

4 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Probably a Red Dog...

4 hours ago, ShoreRam said:

There's been 7 objections according to a response document on the planning site - Worth a look if you're interested..... Anyone know much about planning, is it worth encouraging people to write in support? Is 7 alot?

http://planportal.erewash.gov.uk/PlanningLive/StreamDocPage/obj.pdf?DocNo=47404&PageNo=1&content=obj.pdf

I work in planning... In this case, although supportive comments do help, I'd say it's only worth it if you live within about 20 minutes' walk of the site as those tend to get the consideration. The application looks pretty solid in terms of what I'd expect policy is, and detailed enough for committee members to say yes to what'll be popular with them and their voters. Be very surprised if this doesn't go through.

1 hour ago, Daveo said:

Probably an exiled red dog

2 hours ago, Kennington Ram said:

I work in planning... In this case, although supportive comments do help, I'd say it's only worth it if you live within about 20 minutes' walk of the site as those tend to get the consideration. The application looks pretty solid in terms of what I'd expect policy is, and detailed enough for committee members to say yes to what'll be popular with them and their voters. Be very surprised if this doesn't go through.

So a letter from Mr B living on the South coast is likely to hold little sway!! Thought as much. Good to hear your thoughts, always concerns me that it's in Erewash, we know there's going to be red dog tendencies out East....

5 hours ago, SaintRam said:

"8. Club is in Championship and does not need to comply with premier league requirements." 

Cheeky barsteward. 

Florist

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

NIMBY NIMBY but I paid a lot of money to be in the sort of place where you don't have to see or hear about those sorts of people.... It's not fair....think of the value of my property.

Sorry to hear that, RW Have another glass of Krug.

The plans look impressive, certainly from the slideshow at the fans forum.

Whats the crack with the Ipro "extension" anyway? Nobodies mentioned it on here, it was tweeted by Radio Derby a week or two ago and went into say they'd be boxes beneath the north and West stand...

Archived