Stupid/Silly things heard at the match today: Brentford

drgoodspeak

Oh that was a bit stupid. 

Wasn't the ref telling him to step back and Russell was claiming he was already the distance?

Your not going to change the refs mind. He's not going to say "oh ok then. Just this once you little rascal". Just do what he asks.

What did Thorne do to get booked?

be blocked off one of their men off the ball who was going for a return pass. Fair enough for me but not every ref penalises it.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not funny but I front of me sits a guy who has watched Derby since 1947, he's quite frail but has a smile on his face. He gets assistance from stewards and people around watch out for him when his son can't be with him. Anyway, yesterday a young couple had bought tickets to sit on his row. The young girl (about 22) said to the pensioner 'can you move along so we can sit on the end'? He's hard of hearing and didn't catch what she said but well done to the steward who jumped up and pointed to where she and her boyfriend should sit. Bloody ignorant self important little ****. No respect. 

Sith Happens

Oh that was a bit stupid. 

Wasn't the ref telling him to step back and Russell was claiming he was already the distance?

Your not going to change the refs mind. He's not going to say "oh ok then. Just this once you little rascal". Just do what he asks.

What did Thorne do to get booked?

I thought what happened was he had stood 10 yards then the brentford player moved the ball forward and thats what russell was claiming

There was a point in the first half Ince had the ball and he was under pressure running back with it towards our own goal before he did a lovely pass to Forsyth to retain possession. Someone in the East upper shouted "Forward man" which a few people rightly gave him abuse on.

I thought what happened was he had stood 10 yards then the brentford player moved the ball forward and thats what russell was claiming

Oooh was that what happened. I thought Russell was being daft. Fair enough then. 

That's what I thought. Ref should have put the squirty cream down.

Oooh was that what happened. I thought Russell was being daft. Fair enough then. 

I think, looking at his face and body language, as well as the refs immediate reaction, his choice of words might have been a little bit tasty. I'm not suggesting he should have said "I say old chap, would you mind awfully if you could review where he's taking the free kick from, pretty please?" but there is no justification for foul and abusive language if that's what he did. 

Well the ref should do his job then all he said were is the spray ref hardly a bookly offance.

he did do his job... Correctly cautioning Russell for unsporting behaviour.

There's an old guy who sits behind us who slates Chris Martin at every opportunity! Calls him 'Fat' and 'Lazy'! 

He also said this gem on Saturday that "F***ing do something Johnson, you waste of money"

three bellends who sit behind me 'Martin you fat lazy ******* move, God if martin doesn't score he doesn't bring anything to the team...' All game even after his goal...

Didn't hear anything funny but saw some fool go flat over on his back and had to be picked up by the steward whilst trying to catch the ball ! If your on here own up ! (North stand )

My daughter said to me'ive just seen a man,go flying over the barrier'

I was telling her not to be so silly ?

three bellends who sit behind me 'Martin you fat lazy ******* move, God if martin doesn't score he doesn't bring anything to the team...' All game even after his goal...

Its amazing how many people have no idea at all about football.

Chris Martin guarantees us 20+ goals a season, holds the ball up, wins freekicks, has a lovely touch, brings others into play,.he's big, strong and brave. He takes some fearful stick and gives it back in spades....top player on a free transfer.

Pound for pound he's not far off our best ever signing.

Some guy that sits near me was actually counting the number of passes we were stringing together aloud because he's one of these fucktards who thinks that if you've not created a chance within 3 passes then you're not getting it forward quickly enough. 

If you were wondering; pass 12 was the one that instigated the attack and by pass 15 Forsyth had whipped a cross in that had to be well defended. 

Archived