Newcastle United 2015-16 season

i-Ram

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/10079174/mcclaren-in-coloccini-row

Steve McClaren delivered a few "home truths" to his Newcastle players following a training ground bust up - with Fabricio Coloccini singled out for criticism.

It is understood McClaren, along with his coaching team, including Paul Simpson, Steve Black and Ian Cathro, were caught up in a stand-up row with several players on Monday as he accused them of lacking the determination needed to represent the club.

The catalyst for the row came after several senior players were moaning about a referring decision and it is understood this led to McClaren explaining a few "home truths" about what he sees as a lack of effort and determination by a number of those players.

I reckon Coloccini chucked tea over Steve

Bet Macca threw his coffee back at him, and swiftly got a replacement before anyone noticed.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must admit I did have a slight smile on my face as I checked the score and seeing it was 5-1, having not seen the score after it was Palace 0-1 Newcastle.

If anything I'm more happy as Newcastle fans had a chance to see what they hounded out of their club rather than McClaren's failings.

Can't be good being a Newcastle fan tonight. Only being kept off bottom by a truly pathetic Villa side. Watching Sunderland start to climb the table after appointing former Toon manager, Sam Allardyce. Being managed by a tufty haired Judas who may well be sacked in the morning. Yet knowing that sacking McClaren won't help much as they will still be owned by Mike Ashley.

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Can't be good being a Newcastle fan tonight. Only being kept off bottom by a truly pathetic Villa side. Watching Sunderland start to climb the table after appointing former Toon manager, Sam Allardyce. Being managed by a tufty haired Judas who may well be sacked in the morning. Yet knowing that sacking McClaren won't help much as they will still be owned by Mike Ashley.

It must be awful.:D

McClaren showing his true value right now. Top coach when everything is going great, but can't handle a squad as soon as things get tough. When Mike Ashley courted him to Newcastle, all he was getting for his money was the same rotten atmosphere Derby suffered from the end of last season. It's becoming clearer to see McClaren was the reason behind our capitulation from 1st to 8th.

He's done in the Premier League, that's for sure. This was his chance. Really can't see him turning it around, and you'd question where his next move would be when the inevitable boot eventually comes. Certainly won't be a PL side. Would a top Championship side want him after seeing his managerial performance in all but 1 or 2 months of this year? I fear for him it'll likely be a lower level side in this league or abroad.

Just now, Albert said:

Poor McClaren, the situation is getting dire for Newcastle now. 

It really is embarrassing. I'm not sure if anybody watched the Bournemouth v Newcastle game on TV a couple weeks back, but a draw for Newcastle would have been absolute daylight robbery, let alone all 3 points. Had they deservedly lost that game, they'd be sitting on 7 points and 5 off safety. If they don't improve a gap will open, and then regardless of if it's McClaren or someone else, closing that gap will get increasingly harder as the games tick by.

This anti-mcclaren stuff shows what a fickle bunch some of you are.

when we were winning you couldn't praise him enough and NC became public enemy no1.

even now, we are still playing his 433 system so we continue to benefit from his contribution.

we all know that he lost the respect of a lot of people but move on ffs.

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

when we were winning you couldn't praise him enough and NC became public enemy no1.

even now, we are still playing his 433 system so we continue to benefit from his contribution.

No

Just given it some thought and I have concluded I am not for moving on and I will continue to enjoy the position he now finds himself in.

Yes, when things were going well I was impressed with McClaren but rightly or wrongly I believe he courted the attention from Newcastle. His speech on being appointed, the I've been after this job for 15 years tripe, said to me he'll say anything to ingratiate himself to supporters. I don't believe a word of it and think he is about sincere as Tony Blair.

Also I ask myself, if Mel knew he was about to mount a takeover, and McClaren was this honourable committed to the cause kind of guy, why wouldn't he have made sure McClaren would still be in situ for the foreseeable when he completed his takeover ?

I'm guessing it's because he doesn't suffer fools and saw him for what he is.

Thank you for your kind invitation to move on though.:)

29 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Fickle and football... Evil twins. 

I will continue to enjoy his current plight without losing much kip. 

42 minutes ago, RamNut said:

And miss all the fun? Not a chance.

43 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Completely agree with that.

I don't revel in Clough or McClaren struggling - they're both part of our current story.

Fickle really is the word for it. How can we expect our footballers to be loyal when we're so bloody temperamental? 

6 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Fickle really is the word for it. How can we expect our footballers to be loyal when we're so bloody temperamental? 

Brother, we spend all match calling players vile names and then demand a police investigation if one of these arrogant disloyal sods dare blow us a kiss.

Archived