Birmingham City v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming Hendrick & Hanson cant play why not:

.................................Carson...............................

Baird............Keogh..................Shackell............Forsyth

.....................Thorne................Dawkins....................

Ince...........................Weimann...................Russell

..................................Martin......................................

I can't see this one ending in a draw, and I would like to see us be a bit more inventive and take a few more chances than we have done in the previous games. 

As for a team, I'll wait to see what happens tomorrow, but with what we have now, I would go with: 

Carson

Christie          Keogh            Shackell            Forsyth

Baird                                     Thorne

Ince

Weimann                                                                 Russell

Bent/Martin

Christie - let him attack and have a run, with Baird in RDM he should be well covered and there won't be much space behind him. 

Ince - I would try and get him in the middle of the park, a little more deeper than 'in the hole' as we need someone who can pick the ball up and have a run and drag people out of position. 

Bent - I'd be tempted to give him a chance to win a place in the side. I also think it would force us to become a little bit more smarter in our play, rather than hitting Martin's chest. I'm not 100% on this one, but food for thought. 

I just want us to move a lot more off the ball and create angles for each other. 

I was a bit down given the injuries but when you see possible line ups then I reckon we can make a game of it and get some points. The energy level point someone else made is very pertinent. we were flagging towards the end on Tuesday and for the last 45 we seemed to be very slow. Light training, 3 weatabix and we'll get our first win

Dare I suggest a flat 4-4-2... :ph34r:

Carson
Baird/Keogh/Shackell/Forsyth
Russell/Thorne/Dawkins/Ince
Martin/Bent

thats not so daft if we are running short of midfielders.

Score draw for me.

Birmingham have scored 2 goals in each of their first 3 games and look pretty good going forward, but they've also got mistakes in them at the back.

The back four is key for me here, Clayton Donaldson looks like a player re-born and I'm worried his pace and willingness to run will cause us problems. Id play Forsyth and Baird as the full backs cos I think Warnock's got a red card in him and Christie doesn't always have the discipline to track his runners. I'll be a tad worried if the right back is Shotton.

I'm with Animals team selection but I'd play 4-3-1-2 shifting Ince to "in the hole" to clear space for Fozzy's marauding, he's the best attacking left back in the division, let him attack.

1-1 again and a late equaliser needed.

I was a bit down given the injuries but when you see possible line ups then I reckon we can make a game of it and get some points. The energy level point someone else made is very pertinent. we were flagging towards the end on Tuesday and for the last 45 we seemed to be very slow. Light training, 3 weatabix and we'll get our first win

Yeah. I'm a bit nervous about how tired we looked at the end too. And Brum have had a week twiddling thumbs. 

It'd be good to see how we fare if we nick a goal first, especially away from home. If we're going to persist with the controlled and assured approach this first goal is going to be crucial. We've come up against 3 teams who haven't really ventured far up the pitch as a unit and two of them took the lead in the games meaning they could sit back even more.

If we can grab the first goal early on and open the game up, away from home where the onus will be on the home team to then attack and try and get a goal themselves. This creating space and plenty of counter attacking opportunities, I imagine this team with the attacking quality it should have, will get plenty of joy. It's something we've not seen from this team yet so it will be interesting to see if we look any better. 

I really want us to win but I just can't be confident with what would be a pretty cobbled together midfield. This might have been one of the hardest starts to the seasons a first time head coach could have. If we get played off the field I'd be unhappy, obviously but I don't think that's going to happen.

If we struggle entirely because the midfield is struggling I'm not sure there's much we can do about that. We need our record signing "goal out of nothing" man to turn up in this game in my opinion. 

Tactically, Clement hasn't done a lot wrong. He's made us more solid defensively, but we'd still be scoring goals if we were sharper. I think if we played the same tactics we played last year with this new squad it it's state we'd have at least lost against Boro . 

I hope we can sneak a win, be delighted at a big win but I find it very unlikely. I'm more expectant of a draw/loss though with our squad in its current state.

Sky cameras, that only means 1 thing...negative result!

Birmingham look a good outfit, they will do better than last season for sure.

For this match they are fresher than us, we have Injuries to key players, so therefore i reckon we will lose or sneak another draw.

Then the following week we will have our first victory.

We will start picking up points after Friday. snowball effect

If any Rams fans are living or working or passing through Aberdeenshire, very welcome to join the

Aberdeenshire Rams to watch this game.

Birmingham City v Derby County Sky Sports Live 5, at Inverurie Loco's Ground, Aberdeenshire,

Friday 21st Aug 2015, Kick Off 19:45pm

http://www.inverurielocoworks.co.uk/club/290371/FindUs

Address: Harlaw Park, Inverurie, Aberdeenshire, AB51 4SG

Archived