Birmingham City v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clement saying on Rams player on the pre-brum interview that he's playing 2 midfielders tomorrow, so surely that'll be Thorne and Dawkins?

Thorne and Baird in 4231 he has no other real option. Perm 3 from Ince Russell Dawkins and Weimann to play behind Martin, preferably the first three 

Thorne and Baird in 4231 he has no other real option. Perm 3 from Ince Russell Dawkins and Weimann to play behind Martin, preferably the first three 

I think what you have said will be about right. I would play Weimann instead of Dawkins but wouldn't object to any of them behind Martin.

Clement also makes a good point on his rams player interview, why couldn't they just reverse the fixture against Brentford that was postponed? Play it at St Andrews and then change the other fixture later in the season to be played at Griffin Park...

Clement also makes a good point on his rams player interview, why couldn't they just reverse the fixture against Brentford that was postponed? Play it at St Andrews and then change the other fixture later in the season to be played at Griffin Park...

I thought that, but may have been a bit short notice with steward and policing needing to be sorted and what not. 

Carson

Forsyth

Shackell

Keogh 

Isak

Baird

Thorne

Russell

Ince

Weimann

Martin

Or Possibly Dawks in the middle to and one of either Russell, Weimann or Ince to drop to the bench. Personally I am very interested what side Clement will choose.

With Ince, Russell and Weimann perhaps behind Martin, I do hope it's Weimann who's in the middle. Makes sense with Ince obviously better suited out wide and Weimann being an arguably better fit alongside the front man. 

Yeah. It never seems to happen though. Always Ince in the middle and Weimann wide. 

Yeah. It never seems to happen though. Always Ince in the middle and Weimann wide. 

To be fair, he's not been very good in either position so far. Maybe if he hits some of his own form that he's capable of, he'll be able to give a better account of himself down the middle. He's certainly got the attributes to do a better job than he has been doing. 

Still, he loves a shot after cutting inside so I think he'd be the type to get it on the edge of the box and constantly fire them off all game. Never always gonna work. Whereas Weimann seems more the type to get his head up, which I think is what that position needs. 

I don't know buddy. I just go on Vipbox or Firstrow sports for streams of the main matches. Tomorrow there will be plenty about, I'll probably end up watching it on bet365 as their picture quality is really good.

Looking forward to it. I'm just hoping we stick to what we're good at.

Carson, Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Forsyth, Thorne, Baird, Dawkins, Ince, Martin, Russell.

I think Clement will probably put Baird in midfield again regardless, and probably Ince through the middle. Hope not, but he might play it cautiously and then throw Bent/Weimann on 2nd half.

The stats suggest this ain't gonna be a pushover. 

Brum not not lost at home since February  

Birmingham City have found the back of the net in 25 of their last 26 league encounters with Derby County.

Derby have won only one of their last seven trips away to St Andrew's, in this fixture last term (4-0).

The Blues have won six and lost none of their last nine league games at St Andrew's.

The Rams are winless in their last six games, although five of those matches have ended level.

Birmingham will assess the fitness of defender Michael Morrison and midfielder Jon Toral.

The pair have tight hamstrings following the 2-2 draw at Burnley last week, with boss Gary Rowett hopeful they will feature.

Derby head coach Paul Clement will be without Jeff Hendrick (dead leg) and Jamie Hanson (concussion).

The pair have been ruled out with the injuries they suffered against Middlesbrough in midweek.

MATCH FACTS 

Birmingham City have found the back of the net in 25 of their last 26 league encounters with Derby County.
Derby have won only one of their last seven trips away to St Andrew's, in this fixture last term (4-0).
Darren Bent has scored three times in his last two league appearances against Birmingham, although both games were back in 2010.
The Blues have won six and lost none of their last nine league games at St Andrew's.
The Rams are winless in their last six games, although five of those matches have ended level.
Birmingham have found the back of the net with four of their seven shots on target this season.

Archived