Birmingham City v Derby County

Mafiabob

Friday 21st August 2015

7:45PM Kick Off

St Andrews

Available on @i-Ram SkyGo account if anyone knows the password... He won't be getting up from his armchair in a hurry ;)

Will we stop drawing? Will we have a midfield? Who will dare put Antonio FGS in the prediction thread...

Time to take on the Zulus...

FIRE AT WILL!!!!

Regards The Mafia

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough game tonight while Brum had the evening off. Tougher still that I doubt either injured player will be able to play on Friday, so that's four in the same position we're missing. We're really asking a lot of Thorne to carry the midfield load with so many games in such a small space of time, after coming back from the injury. If someone comes in, should they walk straight into the starting 11 without a settling in period? Lots of big decisions for PC. I think he'll choose:

Carson

Shotton               Keogh                Shackell              Forsyth                             

Thorne  Baird

Ince          Martin          Russell

Bent

Subs: Grant, Christie, Warnock, Pearce, Dawkins, Weimann, Ssewankambo

I do think we need one attacking fullback so if he plays Warnock we'd expect to see Christie. But I'd expect he trusts Fozzy fore than Christie. He seems keen on having a small squad and the word was always that Ssewankambo could also play in midfield, so I suspect that'll be the option rather than bringing in someone from the U21s. I'd love us to be able to have enough confidence in Koblenz as a defensive midfielder to be able to bring him in and rest Georgie boy. If Thorne gets injured from too much too soon, it doesn't bear thinking about.

With the lift from the late equalizer against Boro, it would be brilliant to push on and claim a first win, but I'm not especially convinced by our energy levels and that could eally hurt us when playing a team who are fresher.

...........................carson

baird......keogh.........shackell........forsyth

..........................baird

russell.........baird..........dawkins......baird

.........................martin

Didn't realise they had a full week to prepare for this. 

Good of Sky to hand them an advantage 

Blame Brentford and their shed of a pitch....

Tough game tonight while Brum had the evening off. Tougher still that I doubt either injured player will be able to play on Friday, so that's four in the same position we're missing. We're really asking a lot of Thorne to carry the midfield load with so many games in such a small space of time, after coming back from the injury. If someone comes in, should they walk straight into the starting 11 without a settling in period? Lots of big decisions for PC. I think he'll choose:

Carson

Shotton               Keogh                Shackell              Forsyth                             

Thorne  Baird

Ince          Martin          Russell

Bent

Subs: Grant, Christie, Warnock, Pearce, Dawkins, Weimann, Ssewankambo

I do think we need one attacking fullback so if he plays Warnock we'd expect to see Christie. But I'd expect he trusts Fozzy fore than Christie. He seems keen on having a small squad and the word was always that Ssewankambo could also play in midfield, so I suspect that'll be the option rather than bringing in someone from the U21s. I'd love us to be able to have enough confidence in Koblenz as a defensive midfielder to be able to bring him in and rest Georgie boy. If Thorne gets injured from too much too soon, it doesn't bear thinking about.

With the lift from the late equalizer against Boro, it would be brilliant to push on and claim a first win, but I'm not especially convinced by our energy levels and that could eally hurt us when playing a team who are fresher.

I would go with that formation, especially due to the injuries picked up last night.

Like everyone else I'd love the first win but I think it's going to be another score draw. 2-2 possibly.

Archived