• Last Reply

I'd go with:

Carson

Baird         Keogh            Shackell        Forsyth

Dawkins    Thorne

Ince                   Weimann             Russell

Martin

Subs: Grant Pearce Warnock Shotton Ssewankambo Christie Bent

Need to really get at them and attack quickly because as previous games have shown teams are willing to sit back and let us pass it sideways. So keep Baird at right back he's although solid, doesn't have the ability to play little through balls to the wingers or pick it up deep and drive with it. So, bring  Dawkins in hes gotdecent vision and likes to run with the ball (something we've lacked), He's also shown he's not afraid to help get back and put a challenge in. I'd also like to see Weimann behind 'target man' Martin as I think he'd be a lot more suited to the number 10/supporting striker role as opposed to out wide as he's more of a goalscorer than a creator and loves to play quick give and go's with which we have the best forward in the league to do it with in Martin. We need to be ahead in this one because you look at the bench and what can you do? obviously bring bent on and go 2 up top but apart from that it's bring Ssewankambo on for Dawkins for me and hope he can play like a Yaya Toure type. Will be a tough game but with two former Villa boys and super Chrissy Martin surely there's goals there (£4.75mil Tom Ince due a big performance also in the mix). COYR

There's no way we can accept Shotton over Christie when we've got two DMs. If there's any system that suits Christie it's 4-2-3-1. Gotta be Cy. I'm one of those fools that still believes in Cyrus Christie. Think he's going straight to the Prem once he irons out the creases. He's got quality and you all know it.

Carson

Christie     Keogh     Shackell     Forsyth

Baird     Thorne

Russell   Martin    Ince

Bent

Think the critical consideration is how players responded to Tuesday nights exertions.  I'm almost at the point of supporting any selection made by the manager because we need to nurse the squad (Chrissy and George in particular) through the game with no more injuries.  League titles aren't won in August (unless you live in Nottingham obvs), but they can be lost...

Team.                                                 Carson

Keogh.                 Pearce.       Shackell. 

Christie.                                                                               Forsyth 

Baird.                     Thorne

Ince.                     Martin.                     Russell            

Both out.

Think there's regulation in concussions that you have to have at least a week's rest - ruling Hanson out until next Saturday's game with Leeds. They obviously don't want to risk Hendrick further, or let him get his head right.

Addendum:

The physical activity ‘steps’ of rehabilitation should follow this protocol.

a) No activity
b) Light aerobic exercise
c) Sports specific exercise
d) Non-contact training drills
e) Full contact practice
f) Return to play

Each of these steps takes a day.

The player should not be allowed to return to play for at least 6 days after the injury (it often takes longer than this) and in strict accordance with the return to play guidelines (above). This will include a return to baseline of the SCAT 3, or web-based, neuro-psychological criteria. A baseline profile will be available from the pre-season assessment.

http://www.thefa.com/my-football/head-injuries-in-football 

Archived