Signed: Jacob Butterfield

Heisenberg

if he is that good, why did Middlesbrough allow him to leave?

Pretty sure Boro fans rate him. I found this.

12:43PM
Dominic Shaw [Dominic Shaw]

BORO NOTEBOOK 4: On the subject of ex-Boro midfielders, charming Jacob Butterfield fancies Boro to go up this year.

Butterfield was a frustrating case during his time on Teesside.

While it was clear to see he was a cracking player and a real asset with the ball at his feet, he didn't appear to fit into the system Karanka favours.

That said, he made his mark on the game on Saturday when he pushed forward to play in the No.10 role just behind Nahki Wells following James Vaughan's thumping clash with hard-as-nails Tomas Kalas.

Could he have provided genuine competition for Lee Tomlin after-all?

Not to worry. What's done is done. Butterfield has tipped Boro for promotion this year. Let's hope he's right.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/recap-mondays-middlesbrough-fc-breaking-8471090

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[King Of The North Avatar]
about an hour ago King Of The North said:
Hearing from lots of people that Butterfield could be on his way after all and we are trying to milk as much money out of Derby in the process. 

If he does go what I'll be annoyed about most is how late we've left it we won't have much time to get new players in

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/97622/derby-after-butterfield?page=1#ixzz3jSTX9Laz

Not long posted on their board.

If Butterfield comes here and is a success, I do fear for one of Bryson and Hendrick. Bryson had a poor season (admittedly as he was being used poorly by Mac) and Hendrick has hardly pulled up any trees.

Admittedly, I'm rather surprised that someone didn't come in for Hendrick.. there were a few rumours that Villa were in for him before their proposed takeover went through.

To be fair, the combination of the relaxing of FFP and the potential riches on offer for entry to next season's Premier League have had a substantial impact on virtually all transfer fees in the Championship this season it would seem. It's become very hard to say what value for money looks like anymore.

For me Butterfield is a quality player in a position we need filling. Probably one of the best realistically available to us. 

If Gray is worth £9 million and Forest were asking £4+ million for Lansbury then I suppose around £5 million would be the going rate...

Archived