Joey Barton

Sam_DCFC_1994

Joey Barton  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can people stop harping on about Bartons past?

Google some of the crap Chris Martin got upto prior to joining us.

First of all, even without his past Barton would be expensive, would not be nailed on to start and is still a tosspot. Secondly, I have googled Chris Martin's past and I cant find anything so please enlighten. 

First of all, even without his past Barton would be expensive, would not be nailed on to start and is still a tosspot. Secondly, I have googled Chris Martin's past and I cant find anything so please enlighten. 

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/norwich_city_striker_fined_after_fancy_dress_party_assault_1_806810

http://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/news/footballer_barred_from_68_pubs_1_506032

First one, went over to break up a confrontation between his mate and a bloke, pushed the guy away who fell over and hit his head, done for assault. Doesn't really measure on the Joey Barton scale of thuggery.

The second says he may not have been directly involved with the fight, wasn't arrested either and if you are banned from one pub you are banned from every pub in the area. Sounds like being stood in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

Kinda irks me the amount of Derby fans that would welcome him.

Maybe we should sign Lee Hughes or Ched Evans.

Lee Hughes has just signed for Ilkeston. Chesterfield can sign Evans and we can sign Barton. Get them all living in Derbyshire, would be a much nicer place :lol:

Sign him up! 8 years ago were his serious offences I bet there is a lot of hypocrites calling him that have had fights in towns after a few beers. Seems to have matured late on over the past few seasons, id love him at Derby.

But Barton's wasn't after a few drinks in town, these were whilst at work 

Sign him up! 8 years ago were his serious offences I bet there is a lot of hypocrites calling him that have had fights in towns after a few beers. Seems to have matured late on over the past few seasons, id love him at Derby.

It was 2012 when he attacked several Man City players off the ball in a game his team needed a result in to stay up. If he hadn't learned self discipline at 29 what makes you think he's learned it at 33?

Joey Barton at Forest would create better dramas than ITV, this needs to happen. Everyone tweet Fawaz to sign him up

Never were a club and player more suited.

This is the type of barrel scraping that they should be doing, not us.

Nobody's perfect, don't act like you are. Barton has matured a lot over the last few years and what he said about Derby after the play off final has made me respect him. He would be the first the admit his mistakes and I bet if he could go back and change them, he would.

It was 2012 when he attacked several Man City players off the ball in a game his team needed a result in to stay up. If he hadn't learned self discipline at 29 what makes you think he's learned it at 33?

Handbags that as were most of them listed in that newspaper report. He's had a quiet few seasons, regardless of the off the pitch stuff he's a decent player and we need a midfielder.

edit: off and on :lol:

Archived