Joey Barton

Sam_DCFC_1994

Joey Barton  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Agree with this, but some people can't see past his reputation.

People harping on about his speed and energy as if he is some kind of sloth. He's probably fitter than most, if not all Derby players and certainly runs about more than any of our midfield did last season. He was in a team full of players lacking commitment, and surprisingly, whilst they didn't avoid relegation, he almost covered himself in glory, and last season alone, changed my opinion of him as a one-time "big time Charlie", to someone who was actually committed and mature.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say Loftus-Cheek/ Tom Carroll on loan or Guedioura / Jonathan Williams permanently would be good moves! 

Loftus-Cheek probably wont come here as he is in Mourniho's plans and Tom Carroll was on loan at Swansea next season so he won't drop down to play for us.

Williams and Guedioura could happen though.

Now we've been linked all be it through betting odds I've merged the old thread into here, partly to stop myself repeating what a shocking signing this would be for Derby.

I won't believe we are really interested until I see a HITC article tho.

It's not.  Unfortunately I typed to fast and I messed up - but I am sticking with it now, gonna make it my thing.

It'd be more consistent if you made it your thnig.

As I said in a thread earlier in the summer, he'd be a superb signing. He has experience, his technical ability is very good, and he bossed Derby at their ground a few seasons ago.  I suspect he'll want higher wages than a championship club could afford mind you

Just wondering who you support, becasue Derby fans wouldnt phrase that sentence in that way.

Archived