Captain

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit surprised that a new signing has become captain but he must have something about him or he would not have got the gig , good luck bairdie and look forward to seeing you lift the championship trophy next year 

I'm trying to think about it but I think our last few captains have been new faces? 

Keogh was, Shackell was, Barker was?, Savage was, Oakley was

Dunno...

Interesting piece in the Bellylaugh on PC praising Keogh. Strange headline though, made me think he had been sold. 

DERBY County boss Paul Clement has paid tribute to outgoing skipper Richard Keogh.

Clement has confirmed that summer signing Chris Baird will take over the captaincy from Keogh for the 2015-16 campaign.

Keogh has worn the armband for the past three seasons, since joining the Rams from Coventry City.

New head coach Clement felt it was time to freshen things up with a change of captain.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Rams-boss-pays-tribute-outgoing/story-27563539-detail/story.html

Interesting piece in the Bellylaugh on PC praising Keogh. Strange headline though, made me think he had been sold. 

DERBY County boss Paul Clement has paid tribute to outgoing skipper Richard Keogh.

Clement has confirmed that summer signing Chris Baird will take over the captaincy from Keogh for the 2015-16 campaign.

Keogh has worn the armband for the past three seasons, since joining the Rams from Coventry City.

New head coach Clement felt it was time to freshen things up with a change of captain.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Rams-boss-pays-tribute-outgoing/story-27563539-detail/story.html

Outgoing is a weird thing to put in the headline, does make it seem like he's leaving in that context... unless they're talking about what an outgoing guy he is!

Outgoing is a weird thing to put in the headline, does make it seem like he's leaving in that context... unless they're talking about what an outgoing guy he is!

think you're reading too much into it. It just says outgoing skipper, which he is now that he is no longer the captain 

Baird is an experienced versatile player and no doubt vocal....makes him an ideal captain.....

With him now captain where does this leave the players formation at the back?

Christie or Baird?      Pearce            Shacks         Fozzy or Baird?

Thorne

PistoldPete2

I guess Baird will be in ahead of christie then. Makes me think we need cover for Thorne then if Baird is playing full back. 

Archived