Captain

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd guess at Shackell or Baird but as Clement's said, we've got plenty of leaders on the pitch now, now I don't mind who it is all too much. 

Aside from how we see them act on the pitch, it needs to be someone who puts themselves across well to Clement behind the scenes and who he can trust. 

Managers/head coaches consult with captains quite often in private so I think it'll be whoever stands out personally to Clement. 

I don't think Martin will be captain, purely because of our attacking options I think we may play formations that, added to current form at the time, see Martin not start on occasion.

I wonder how de-motivating, if at all, this is for Keogh? At the least it's a hit to his pride.

I think it all depends on how the chat goes.

PC: "The fans think you are captain calamity, so I am stripping you of the captaincy".

OR

PC: "You are a good player and integral to the team, I think you should focus on your game and have Baird as captain to take the heat of you and have you focus on your game".

If Keogh is a natural leader then the armband won't matter.

I still think Keogh and Shackle partnership would be immense and I don't really mind who is captain.

Archived