Andre Gray

matty1

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prices in the championship have gone ridiculous...8 million? 

We have just bought Bent, Weimann, Ince, Carson, Pearce, Baird and Shackell for only a millio more than it would cost to sign one championship player.

If we signed him for that, for me itd be a shock given we are supposed to have a scouting network led by Evans with a job of getting the best players at the best prices.

Incidently I would be interested to know who does brentfords scouting, they managed to get Andre Grey and Jota for peanuts.

I don't think we need him anyway, but i'd be very disappointed if we paid anything near that kind of price for him. 

Brentford were a very attacking side throughout the whole of last season, bit of an all or nothing (a la Bournemouth or dare I say us) so I think a lot of players would have matched the 16 goals he got for them. 

Like has been said, I remember him wasting a hatful of chances against us last season and thinking how lucky we were to have Martin and Bent... Add Russell and Weimann into that!

£8m is a completely unjustified price tag, IMO. I don't think we need anything like that, going into the season as we are now. 

Can we not save that kind of money and add it to the kitty if we do go up?

He's a good player. The kind who would fit right in here and bag plenty of goals and assists. But 8 million...no thanks. Far too high. People can say we don't need him. I look at our players and think the same. But then I remember that players get injured and suspended. We will play 3/4 attacking players every game in the starting line up. We only have 6 first team forwards. Martin, Bent, Ince, Weimann, Russell and Dawkins. Bennett and Calero look to have been cemented into the U21 setup. Just 1 injury and our options become limited. 

We have not just shipped off Sammon and Thomas on loan and cemented Bennett and Calero into the U21 setup to not bring in someone have we? Just depends if a player is coming in on loan or we genuinely have had our eyes on a big fee signing all along. 

I really like Gray, but £8m is excessive. He's got the whole lot upfront, though, he could easily be a premier league player but would be a huge gamble.

Brentford have made good movements in the window too, I expect them to be one of our main challengers despite warburton's departure.  

PistoldPete2

I really like Gray, but £8m is excessive. He's got the whole lot upfront, though, he could easily be a premier league player but would be a huge gamble.

Brentford have made good movements in the window too, I expect them to be one of our main challengers despite warburton's departure.  

theyve lost Pritchard..  Who have they brought in?  Must be pretty good if they are still to be challenging without him. 

theyve lost Pritchard..  Who have they brought in?  Must be pretty good if they are still to be challenging without him. 

they have signed Josh McEachran (midfielder), Lasse Vibe (forward), Philipp Hoffman (forward), Yoann Barbet (centre half), Konstantin Kerschbaumer (midfielder), Andreas Bjelland (centre half) - so fairly active 

they have signed Josh McEachran (midfielder), Lasse Vibe (forward), Philipp Hoffman (forward), Yoann Barbet (centre half), Konstantin Kerschbaumer (midfielder), Andreas Bjelland (centre half) - so fairly active 

Pity we didn't sign the centre half - imagine the fun that would to be had on here...

(or is it just me?)

If we did sign Gray and he played in a front 2 with Martin or Bent I think he would bag plenty of goals for us, 20+ if he was a regular.

Not worth 6m but prices are over inflated this summer in the Champ, personally id be happy at around 3-4m plus add ons

If we did sign Gray and he played in a front 2 with Martin or Bent I think he would bag plenty of goals for us, 20+ if he was a regular.

Not worth 6m but prices are over inflated this summer in the Champ, personally id be happy at around 3-4m plus add ons

Where would that leave Weimann though? Weimann has to play

Archived