Gaming

SaintRam

On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 09:41, maxjam said:

Oh yeah, complete overkill but my old PCs get passed onto our 2 lads so we're all using something relatively current.

I use that excuse to my wife every time I want some new Techy stuff, "Daughter needs a new telly, she can have ours, Other daughter's laptop broke, oh she can have mine! By the way Curry's have a sale on dear, of course you can have those new boots as well!"

26 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

I use that excuse to my wife every time I want some new Techy stuff, "Daughter needs a new telly, she can have ours, Other daughter's laptop broke, oh she can have mine! By the way Curry's have a sale on dear, of course you can have those new boots as well!"

Hehe, I'm a huge technophile when it comes to computing I think my wife knows that and its just kinda quietly accepted that I spend a small fortune ever few years updating my setup, the fact that I can pass my existing stuff on to the kids just sweetens the deal!

As for gaming, I've been playing a lot of Assassins Creed Odyssey lately, awesome game with an insane amount of stuff to do - wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't clean up with numerous game of the year awards, its by far the best in the series imo.  I'm trying to get it finished before Fallout 76 next month - which should also be pretty cool unless you're expecting Fallout 5 in which case you'll be disappointed.

3 hours ago, David said:

That Top Cashback app is pretty good. 

My broadband contract/offer with Sky is up next month, the price would go up a tenner a month. Thought I would shop around, I say shop around when I only really trust Sky, Virgin or BT and with Virgin not in our area yet I went to BT. 

Slightly slow speeds, for the same offer price I had at Sky for 18 months, plus a Amazon Echo and £80 Mastercard as a new customer. Bargain. Then the missus stopped me to fire up her TopCashback app, we went through that and got the same deal but she has £100 cash back now as well. 

A lot of shops have 1% offers here and there, nothing special but it's worth checking out for things like utility bills when switching.

As for gaming, actually really enjoying Black Ops 4, didn't play much of the last CoD, didn't really grip me, but this one has and I've not ventured outside of multiplayer yet. Some will call it lazy but I like that they have included a bunch of old maps from the off that you instantly recognise and know how to navigate and the spawns.

Sounds similar to Quidco, I have claimed back over a grand, for example they gave me 200 quid for buying tickets through Expedia at a 10 percent cash back offer.

As for COD, not quite as enjoyable as the last WW release on multiplayer, getting rid of the jet packs is a welcome change and changing the kill ratio more engaging. Had a few games on blackout, and suprising enjoyed it, having played Fortnite twice and hated it, it’s something I can see me playing on a regular basis. Not tried Zombies yet.

I've not enjoyed a CoD since 4 but BO4 is doing alright by me.

It's got far more twitchy bunny-hopping nutters in it than I'm used to in my games, but the gunplay is nice and the maps seem quite well designed, albeit a tad small. Smaller than I'm used to even from other CoD's.

Hardcore Domination is possibly the most pointless game mode to have existed, though. There are only 2 spawn points, at objective A or C, where there's almost always a fight happening - and it only takes one stray bullet to kill you. You quite regularly die without having taken more than a step following a respawn.

Hardcore S&D is still the best mode. Kill confirmed is pretty fun too.

Had an interesting night on Black Ops. The map Arsenal, not sure if you know but there is an air duct system with 2 exits/enterances on the outside wall and an opening in the middle of the warehouse.

Came up against a full party on TDM that ran with 2 Torques who left wire traps at both ends, 2 of the guys that lay the laser traps and 2 Clashes for the assault packs and health boosts.

Stayed in the duct system the entire game. 

Well, I'm not one to give up on a challenge like that.

Must have gone around 8 games of new team mates spawning in, trying to run up the ducts with 3 men at each side shooting down then rage quitting whilst I was happily sat at the back racking up points for the launcher challenges.

Guessing it's a bug where you can still vote on previous maps, when you have a full party voting for it over and over again you had no chance. They were all some prestige level and must spend entire nights doing this.

Last game before I called it quits one guy dropped from the lobby and I was placed on their team, it was then I was privy to their dirty tactics. It's completely unbeatable and I mean unbeatable unless you have another full party that can coordinate an attack, even then they have the upper hand. Was super boring though, managed to bag a Torque role, planted my wire trap then ran down to place the barrier when it was free.

Sure you've seen spawn trapping before on Call of Duty's, but I've never seen something so ridiculous as this. 

On 06/10/2018 at 17:46, BurtonRam7 said:

For anyone looking at buying Fifa 19: If you sign up to TopCahsback and buy it through their link (via GAME), you can get £15 back a week or two after, which you can then withdraw. I've just ordered it, so it should work out at around £35.

I don't usually read this thread as I am not a gamer, but have learned something really useful here - thanks! 

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't usually read this thread as I am not a gamer, but have learned something really useful here - thanks! 

No worries - a quick disclaimer though:

I'm still waiting on news of the cashback. I don't know whether I slipped up and clicked the wrong link or something, but it hasn't gone through on my account. I'm pretty sure the site is legit, otherwise Fifa wouldn't want to be associated with it, but I would recommend being extra careful before buying (or recommending to buy).

Although, even without the £15 off it works out at the standard price, so it's not exactly a risk.

40 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

No worries - a quick disclaimer though:

I'm still waiting on news of the cashback. I don't know whether I slipped up and clicked the wrong link or something, but it hasn't gone through on my account. I'm pretty sure the site is legit, otherwise Fifa wouldn't want to be associated with it, but I would recommend being extra careful before buying (or recommending to buy).

Although, even without the £15 off it works out at the standard price, so it's not exactly a risk.

I am sure the site is legit but there are rules about what qualifies as a purchase through them in that you have to follow specific links. Being a bit sad I read the terms and conditions to see if there was a catch. 

I am going to give it a go as do quite a bit of online shopping this time of year. 

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

Being a bit sad I read the terms and conditions to see if there was a catch. 

I am going to give it a go as do quite a bit of online shopping this time of year. 

Seeing as I'm currently doing a law degree, and am looking at becoming a practising solicitor, I should have been every bit as 'sad' as you!

I don't online game as I suspect I would become addicted. Only thing I am doing at the moment when I have a quiet few minutes is Dream League soccer on my ipad 

I never spend any money on in game purchases but can happily report that Derby County ( last years Elite division winners and double cup winners ) have just thrashed Manchester City 4 - 0 

Christiano Ronaldo opened the scoring for the Rams, but MOTM was Will Hughes.  ???

Other victims of my exceptional squad (of just 19 players,)  include Real Madrid, Barcelona and of course England and the South American Allstars. 

6 hours ago, jono said:

I don't online game as I suspect I would become addicted. Only thing I am doing at the moment when I have a quiet few minutes is Dream League soccer on my ipad 

I never spend any money on in game purchases but can happily report that Derby County ( last years Elite division winners and double cup winners ) have just thrashed Manchester City 4 - 0 

Christiano Ronaldo opened the scoring for the Rams, but MOTM was Will Hughes.  ???

Other victims of my exceptional squad (of just 19 players,)  include Real Madrid, Barcelona and of course England and the South American Allstars. 

Pfft. You’d still come unstuck 1-0 at Bolton? 

8 hours ago, jono said:

That game was on everyone's iPads at school (yes, our school gave us iPads). Everyone was addicted to it, it was brilliant. I remember scoring 9 goals in one game with Yaya Sanogo.

2 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

That game was on everyone's iPads at school (yes, our school gave us iPads). Everyone was addicted to it, it was brilliant. I remember scoring 9 goals in one game with Yaya Sanogo.

Thing is I discovered something ... after about 4 seasons you start getting worse. The controls don’t respond as well, speed differentials between players disappear and when you switch player to the nearest one .. they run away from the ball .. not clever when you’re defending 1 v 1 .. intended short passes become shots on goal.... BUT .. ha ha ... delete the game and reinstall and as long as you have done it via the game centre thingummy then your data is still there in the cloud. Re install the game and you’re back winning 6-0 with your hard won and developed squad. happy days 

Juventus just got stuffed 9-0 ... would have been 10 but for a dodgy offside decision .. the refs in this league are dire ?

i cant beat 9 goals from one player but Richarlison got 6

i’m just sad that there isn’t a Forest team