Gaming

SaintRam

19 hours ago, GenBr said:

The only MMO I ever liked was the first guild wars and that was because they had a level cap of 20. Guild Wars 2 ruined it by making you grind for levels like all the rest of them. I only like other people in games if they are my friends - I don't care much to see "poopfeast420" spinning in circles and screaming constantly - not very immersive.

Bethesda could basically have just added co-op to a normal fallout game and most people would have been ecstatic with that. Instead all reviews I've seen suggest it is a boring, soulless, bug ridden, lazy piece of crap. The reason they have robots instead of proper NPCs is because it's easier to animate and much less work to implement.

I have however also read a lot of reviews complaining that it's online only and no mods allowed - of course it is - it's an mmo for christ sake. I don't what people were expecting. I avoided buying it, because I already knew I wouldn't like it - I can;t believe people thought this was going to be the same as a normal fallout game just online.

Leave Sips' son out of this.

• 1 month later...

Anyone still playing Sea of Thieves?  I see its 50% off atm.

Wondering about its long term replayability and how solo friendly it is - I like MMOs so don't mind a bit of grind but any time invested has to reward me with character growth and fun.

Just asking what those that played it think now. Ta.

On 26/01/2019 at 11:30, maxjam said:

Anyone still playing Sea of Thieves?  I see its 50% off atm.

Wondering about its long term replayability and how solo friendly it is - I like MMOs so don't mind a bit of grind but any time invested has to reward me with character growth and fun.

Just asking what those that played it think now. Ta.

Now its on sale, my friends and I will probably jump in. Not played it before.

But, reports from folks I know who have say its fun while its all new - but it becomes pretty tedious after a while. 3-4 weeks is what you're looking at. They described anyone who plays it for more than a month as "touched". Which is why we waited til it was on sale.

No idea what the solo experience is like, I've never met anyone who's played it solo.

14 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Now its on sale, my friends and I will probably jump in. Not played it before.

But, reports from folks I know who have say its fun while its all new - but it becomes pretty tedious after a while. 3-4 weeks is what you're looking at. They described anyone who plays it for more than a month as "touched". Which is why we waited til it was on sale.

No idea what the solo experience is like, I've never met anyone who's played it solo.

Played it a bit when it first came out as it was on Game Pass (which, you may aswell get for like £1 free trial and play this rather than buy it).

Lovely art style, a bit of fun to be had when playing in a group. Awful solo experience, as it's very much "make your own fun". Not much fun to be had beyond a few sessions, to be honest.

Just now, Srg said:

Played it a bit when it first came out as it was on Game Pass (which, you may aswell get for like £1 free trial and play this rather than buy it).

Lovely art style, a bit of fun to be had when playing in a group. Awful solo experience, as it's very much "make your own fun". Not much fun to be had beyond a few sessions, to be honest.

Some of the folks I'll be playing it with dont have Xbox's which is why we were waiting for it to go on sale (playing it on PC). Will probably get it on game pass though.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally picked FM2019 up after being bought it for Christmas.

Started unemployed as is my tradition. Picked up the Leyton Orient job in late October 2018

Lampard was sacked by Derby in mid September, has just been replaced by John Coleman(!) after interviewing Jaap Stam. 23rd.
Karanka was also sacked by Forest, has just been replaced by Roberto Di Matteo. 21st, 4 points ahead of Derby.
Harry Redknapp has just taken over at Burton, and Wolves have sacked Nuno.

and perhaps the weirdest twist, Stoke are top of the league under Rowett... ?

On 17/02/2019 at 16:40, Animal is a Ram said:

Finally picked FM2019 up after being bought it for Christmas.

Started unemployed as is my tradition. Picked up the Leyton Orient job in late October 2018

Lampard was sacked by Derby in mid September, has just been replaced by John Coleman(!) after interviewing Jaap Stam. 23rd.
Karanka was also sacked by Forest, has just been replaced by Roberto Di Matteo. 21st, 4 points ahead of Derby.
Harry Redknapp has just taken over at Burton, and Wolves have sacked Nuno.

and perhaps the weirdest twist, Stoke are top of the league under Rowett... ?

Moving house, I found an old laptop. Imagine my joy when I found, not smutty pics or Uni assignments, but a copy of FM11 in the disc compartment!

I loaded it up to find a Derby save in 2012, 1 season in. Here’s the update - knowing players that will make it helps a bit. Derby are into the Prem, with a strike force of young Hazard, Lukaku and Griezzmann. I’ve just signed Pogba (he was still in the United reserves) to compete with Ramsey in CM. Mamadou Sakho is a beast at CB, keeping Shaun Barker captain from the bench. Miles Addison is learning from Patrick Vieira how to become a CDM, and De Gea is just about keeping the goalie shirt away from Opsina.

While I have used no cheats or naughty practices, I do have a fair amount of capital in the bank, so I’m starting to wonder if young me might have tinkered a tad. Even if that’s he case, I’m gonna take this team on and see if we can’t make the top half this season, maybe even top 4...

I've started playing the grand-daddy of football management games; CM01/02 with no patches. Started off with Derby to turn us around from the inevitable first season relegation. I signed the usual suspects (Selakovic, Kallstrom, To Madeira et al) and we finished 7th in the league, enough to qualify for the Inter-Toto cup. In the second season, we managed to finish 2nd in the league, get to the semi-final of the UEFA cup and win the League Cup. Just finished the third season where we won the Premier League, League Cup, FA Cup and beat Dortmund in the UEFA cup final. Next thing to do with this Derby side is win the Champions League. I have added Ruslan Nigmatullin, Stephane Dalmat, Pablo Aimar and Christian Vieri to the team and To Madeira has just smashed in 74 goals in the previous season -- 48 of which have come in the league alone. Champions League will be ours.

20 minutes ago, mastah said:

I've started playing the grand-daddy of football management games; CM01/02 with no patches. Started off with Derby to turn us around from the inevitable first season relegation. I signed the usual suspects (Selakovic, Kallstrom, To Madeira et al) and we finished 7th in the league, enough to qualify for the Inter-Toto cup. In the second season, we managed to finish 2nd in the league, get to the semi-final of the UEFA cup and win the League Cup. Just finished the third season where we won the Premier League, League Cup, FA Cup and beat Dortmund in the UEFA cup final. Next thing to do with this Derby side is win the Champions League. I have added Ruslan Nigmatullin, Stephane Dalmat, Pablo Aimar and Christian Vieri to the team and To Madeira has just smashed in 74 goals in the previous season -- 48 of which have come in the league alone. Champions League will be ours.

that game is legendary, but I could never get it to run on my laptop (the free to download version). I can remember all the legends, my most loyal player being Steve Torpey (AMLC) who was consistent 8/10 even if his attributes didn't suggest he would be that good. I think Ben May, Matt Blinkhorn, Justin Georcelin, Chivu, Mike Duff, Alan Smith, Defoe, Saviola, Julio Arca, Joe Cole... all dominated the league. With Robbie Earle as my assistant manager, playing 3-4-1-2.

39 minutes ago, Moist One said:

that game is legendary, but I could never get it to run on my laptop (the free to download version). I can remember all the legends, my most loyal player being Steve Torpey (AMLC) who was consistent 8/10 even if his attributes didn't suggest he would be that good. I think Ben May, Matt Blinkhorn, Justin Georcelin, Chivu, Mike Duff, Alan Smith, Defoe, Saviola, Julio Arca, Joe Cole... all dominated the league. With Robbie Earle as my assistant manager, playing 3-4-1-2.

I've tried to sign Chivu numerous times during the last season, and will continue that assault. I think the two only surviving Derby players from the start of the game are Chris Riggott and Paul Boertien. Malcolm Christie left at the end of his contract to Sheff Wed at the end of this season.

2 hours ago, mastah said:

I've tried to sign Chivu numerous times during the last season, and will continue that assault. I think the two only surviving Derby players from the start of the game are Chris Riggott and Paul Boertien. Malcolm Christie left at the end of his contract to Sheff Wed at the end of this season.

I think Steve Elliott is pretty good in that game

30 minutes ago, Moist One said:

I think Steve Elliott is pretty good in that game

His stats are really good to be honest but my back three are Risp, Vaschuk and Nowotny so there's no space for him. Even my backup centre backs are Mexes, Cristante and Riggott.

Current Derby team in my CM01/02 save

-----------Nigmatullin------------

---Risp----Nowotny----Vaschuk---

-------Said------Juan Gomez------

-------------Dalmat----------------

-------Aimar-----Selakovic---------

----To Madeira------Vieri-----------

9 minutes ago, mastah said:

His stats are really good to be honest but my back three are Risp, Vaschuk and Nowotny so there's no space for him. Even my backup centre backs are Mexes, Cristante and Riggott.

Current Derby team in my CM01/02 save

-----------Nigmatullin------------

---Risp----Nowotny----Vaschuk---

-------Said------Juan Gomez------

-------------Dalmat----------------

-------Aimar-----Selakovic---------

----To Madeira------Vieri-----------

how/what platform are you playing it? Laptop? Did you use the free download?

3 minutes ago, Moist One said:

how/what platform are you playing it? Laptop? Did you use the free download?

I'm playing it on a virtual machine on my PC and yeah, I used the free download from champman0102 website. I believe Windows has a built in ability to mount ISO images now so that's one less thing for you to worry about. Have you got the itch to play it again?

3 minutes ago, mastah said:

I'm playing it on a virtual machine on my PC and yeah, I used the free download from champman0102 website. I believe Windows has a built in ability to mount ISO images now so that's one less thing for you to worry about. Have you got the itch to play it again?

yeah, I managed to download it once, played a game, but couldn't save it. Left it a while and tried again on a different laptop and struggled to get it to open.

Just now, Moist One said:

yeah, I managed to download it once, played a game, but couldn't save it. Left it a while and tried again on a different laptop and struggled to get it to open.

For some reason the game will not install on my PC which is running Windows 10 and thought I'd try it on a virtual machine I have, which is also running Windows 10, and it worked perfectly fine. One thing I have noticed is that the saved game file doesn't appear in Windows Explorer but the game can see it with no problems. I've left the game un-patched for now for ultimate nostalgia.

5 minutes ago, mastah said:

For some reason the game will not install on my PC which is running Windows 10 and thought I'd try it on a virtual machine I have, which is also running Windows 10, and it worked perfectly fine. One thing I have noticed is that the saved game file doesn't appear in Windows Explorer but the game can see it with no problems. I've left the game un-patched for now for ultimate nostalgia.

found a new tutorial video which showed me to find something in Task Manager which prevented it running Setup. Having a look now.

Funny that you have Football Manager adding more and more each year to try and make it more in depth and realistic, yet ask most and they still consider the old Championship Manager series the best. Simple and addictive. 

I would pay £30/40 for an official retro Championship manager game which had the original squads plus an option to use the latest 18/19 squads. Computers these days would run it a doddle. Charge a small fee each year for the up to date squads and you’re on to a winner.

6 minutes ago, David said:

Funny that you have Football Manager adding more and more each year to try and make it more in depth and realistic, yet ask most and they still consider the old Championship Manager series the best. Simple and addictive. 

I would pay £30/40 for an official retro Championship manager game which had the original squads plus an option to use the latest 18/19 squads. Computers these days would run it a doddle. Charge a small fee each year for the up to date squads and you’re on to a winner.

There's always a new update with all latest transfers. Just need the Sawczuk update, the Tapani patch and then you can install the latest database.