Jake Buxton

DCFC1388

Some believe he is good enough, some don't. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying I disagree with your opinion.

If Shackell comes in, I'd definitely want a right back, I'd be happy for Albentosa or Keogh (don't know Pearce well enough) to partner Shackell and then for me the team would be complete.

i don't think though we should be carrying five centre backs plus Rawson. Bucko is at the bottom of that list for me. That's my opinion.

my justification is that he is slow and fouls constantly.

where as Albentosa has poor control, poor passing.

yep id rather have him.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as this would be a bitter pill to swallow, if the coach doesn't rate him I'd sooner Bucko leave and we get a few quid rather than him warm the bench or a seat in the stands before he leaves for nothing.

If he does leave then he does so with my best wishes 

I'd keep him.

even with shackell we only have 2 left sided centre backs.

Pearce can also play left sided centre back but is right footed.

Would be interesting to see how much better our full backs perform with brand new CBs alongside them

so a centre half who couldn't push his way into the team until Bucko got injured would suddenly be ahead of him?

I didnt say anyone would be ahead of anyone, i was saying we need 2 players for each cb position so cant sell both keogh and buxton

Why??     Doubt very much we will be playing the same system.     He was a vital part of SM set up /only system  but we have moved on.

A formation change would only be relevant to Buxton's worth if we decided to play with fewer than two centre backs. That obviously isn't going to happen.

Going by that bizarre logic we should sell our entire squad since we haven't achieved promotion with any of them except Grant.

So with your bizarre logic you wouldn't swap Ince to Pearson or Fagan? Behave. At least they have won promotion.

I wouldn't want to see Bucko go but I reckon he won't get much 1st team action, If shackell comes then Keogh/Shackell would be a great partnership, Also Albentosa/Pearce would be a possibility, depending on what Clement can do with Albentosa, Also with Hanson and Rawson progressing, we really don't need so many CB's not to mention Shotton who will probably play RB this season! 

People have said he won't get much first team action since the day he joined

I didnt say anyone would be ahead of anyone, i was saying we need 2 players for each cb position so cant sell both keogh and buxton

sorry. I must have either misread your post or quoted the wrong post. I thought id quoted someone saying Albebtosa and Pearce as back up to Shackell and Keogh

Bucko is good but 1 mill and he aint getting any younger.

But that being said i think all this CB talk is pointless until we sort out the fact we have a LB and RB in Christie and Forysth who would make mats Hummels look useless next to em.

Last season Forsyth was easily one of the best LB in the league, i dont see why he gets all this stick.

I also think Christie is a good RB just think he needs abit more game time.

Archived