Jake Buxton

DCFC1388

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

every team needs at least one player that shows passion and desire, they provide those moments in tough matches that lift the crowd. That hard no nonsense tackle, a bit of shouting and balling.

You speak as if he's the only one that has passion and desire.

To my mind, showing 'passion' is often a substitute for having actual ability. It's the footballing equivalent of saying, 'look over there' to someone so you can pinch one of their chips while their head is turned. Footballing legerdemain.

Look how passionate Robbie Savage was. And he was ******* useless.

You speak as if he's the only one that has passion and desire.

To my mind, showing 'passion' is often a substitute for having actual ability. It's the footballing equivalent of saying, 'look over there' to someone so you can pinch one of their chips while their head is turned. Footballing legerdemain.

Look how passionate Robbie Savage was. And he was ******* useless.

Buxton is not short of ability either. His passing range is great and he's the only centre half that has shown any goal scoring threat on recent seasons. His passion and determination are compliments to his ability which means he performs to his best consistently and has improved season on season.

I think a lot depends on how well Pearce settles in. Buxton would appear to be a lot better on the ball.

As things stand Buxton is our second best defender, and a key personality in the dressing room. Every time we bring in a new defender he finds a way to raise his game. Would struggle to think of another Derby player who has managed to do that as often as Bucko. The lad deserves success and I hope he finds it with Derby. 

Hope to see Rawson given a chance this season. 

I think a lot depends on how well Pearce settles in. Buxton would appear to be a lot better on the ball.

As things stand Buxton is our second best defender, and a key personality in the dressing room. Every time we bring in a new defender he finds a way to raise his game. Would struggle to think of another Derby player who has managed to do that as often as Bucko. The lad deserves success and I hope he finds it with Derby. 

Hope to see Rawson given a chance this season. 

I'm not sure you can have it both ways.

I wouldn't want to see Bucko go but I reckon he won't get much 1st team action, If shackell comes then Keogh/Shackell would be a great partnership, Also Albentosa/Pearce would be a possibility, depending on what Clement can do with Albentosa, Also with Hanson and Rawson progressing, we really don't need so many CB's not to mention Shotton who will probably play RB this season! 

how many promotions we achieved with him?

how does that back up your argument that we need to get rid of Bucko to get better? Managers have brought in centre halves that many say will replace Bucko but none have. Maybe that's because Bucko is better than many fans appreciate.

Apparently Bucko is going to Birmingham, Keogh plus cash for shackell, Martin going too and Rhodes in this week, so it's gonna be a very busy week and this is of a reliable source

I dont understand why were basicly swapping rhodes for martin 

how does that back up your argument that we need to get rid of Bucko to get better? Managers have brought in centre halves that many say will replace Bucko but none have. Maybe that's because Bucko is better than many fans appreciate.

Some believe he is good enough, some don't. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying I disagree with your opinion.

If Shackell comes in, I'd definitely want a right back, I'd be happy for Albentosa or Keogh (don't know Pearce well enough) to partner Shackell and then for me the team would be complete.

i don't think though we should be carrying five centre backs plus Rawson. Bucko is at the bottom of that list for me. That's my opinion.

my justification is that he is slow and fouls constantly.

Archived