Jota

matty1

​The only issue with that is where does Bent fit in?

If we sign him, he's bound to be starting so maybe:

Thorne

Jota                        Ince

Hughes

Martin             Bent

​More like:

Grant

Not Keogh         Not Albentosa

Thorne                      

Hughes          Dawkins

Russell                        Jota                            Ince      

Bent                Martin

Hmmm... still not enough forwards. Because when people spent the whole season attacking our defence who are left exposed by our attacking style, what we need is an even more attacking style!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​The only issue with that is where does Bent fit in?

If we sign him, he's bound to be starting so maybe:

Thorne

Jota                        Ince

Hughes

Martin             Bent

​That's why although I love Bent and goals he scores, I would probably prefer a cheaper (lower waged) striker/cf who wouldn't mind playing number 2 to Martin and could perhaps fill in on the wing like Bamford did for us such as: Dominic Solanke, Jerome Sinclair, James Wilson, Jon Walters, Izzy Brown etc. to save us some wage money 

However I wouldn't complain if we did get Bent obviously, still a quality, quality player but I prefer Martin...

I can't see Bent starting at many clubs in contention for his signature to be honest. He seemed happy enough at the game time he received of the bench. And knowing Mac, if Bent proves himself as the better striker he'll be picked. 

Buying Jota and Ince too gives us the options we need going forward. I think it's probably time to stretch the spending to ensure this season is ours. #COYR

​More like:

Grant

Not Keogh         Not Albentosa

Thorne                      

Hughes          Dawkins

Russell                        Jota                            Ince      

Bent                Martin

Hmmm... still not enough forwards. Because when people spent the whole season attacking our defence who are left exposed by our attacking style, what we need is an even more attacking style!

​I wasn't attacking the defence, just pondering how Ince, Jota and Bent could play together in the same starting lineup.

I don't think it's a solid setup either and therefore Jota could be signing instead of Ince (if it comes off).

Would be a quality addition and a signal of intent, also if Raul is going to be part of the set-up here maybe Jota would help him settle, meaning we get more for our money.

Still, not sure I can see it happening, would have thought there would be a few prem clubs sniffing and rumours seem to suggest this. Mind you it seems anyone now who has a few decent champ games gets linked with the prem and they can't all go there, so who knows?

​That's why although I love Bent and goals he scores, I would probably prefer a cheaper (lower waged) striker/cf who wouldn't mind playing number 2 to Martin and could perhaps fill in on the wing like Bamford did for us such as: Dominic Solanke, Jerome Sinclair, James Wilson, Jon Walters, Izzy Brown etc. to save us some wage money 

However I wouldn't complain if we did get Bent obviously, still a quality, quality player but I prefer Martin...

​I fully agree with you, any lineup where Martin and Bent play together is at the detriment of either midfield or defence, which is worrying!

Would certainly suggest both a change of style and a future for Raul. Could look like this (with other rumoured additions):

Grant

Christie         Albentosa             Shackell        Forsyth

Hughes                Thorne

Jota                             Ince                        Russell

Martin

​don't think you realise quite what that link leads to..  [:lol:] ​ if you do, interesting taste.

I see what you mean Southernram - the link is totally inadvertent and Mods please delete the link!!

Archived