Jota

matty1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I know XD would be nice to have a squad like that though

​Maybe, but buying 6 new first teamers when we were top of the table not long ago? Hmm, reacquaint yourself with the Financial Fair Play rules. And lets not ignore the fact that 2 of your signings made the playoffs with their team. Why would they come here? It's a sideways step, if not a backwards one.

​Maybe, but buying 6 new first teamers when we were top of the table not long ago? Hmm, reacquaint yourself with the Financial Fair Play rules. And lets not ignore the fact that 2 of your signings made the playoffs with their team. Why would they come here? It's a sideways step, if not a backwards one.

​look at watford tho, made play offs, next year didnt, year after won promotion, idk what that has to do with it, but yeah :p

I would imagine the probability is he will be picked off by a newly promoted team, Bournemouth would appear a good fit.

However, as good as Brentford undoubtedly were, I don't see them replicating last season's level and we are surely on a par at the very least in terms of attracting players and financing deals.

The manager has gone, who was clearly a big reason behind their achievements. By the sounds of things, the owners fancy a foreign head coach next, likely to have no experience of English football let alone Championship football . Pritchard won't be there (unless loaned out again) and I think many 'bigger' clubs will be ready to take advantage of their failure in the play-offs by picking off their better players.

Could well be wrong but I can't see a top six finish for them next time.

I would imagine the probability is he will be picked off by a newly promoted team, Bournemouth would appear a good fit.

However, as good as Brentford undoubtedly were, I don't see them replicating last season's level and we are surely on a par at the very least in terms of attracting players and financing deals.

The manager has gone, who was clearly a big reason behind their achievements. By the sounds of things, the owners fancy a foreign head coach next, likely to have no experience of English football let alone Championship football . Pritchard won't be there (unless loaned out again) and I think many 'bigger' clubs will be ready to take advantage of their failure in the play-offs by picking off their better players.

Could well be wrong but I can't see a top six finish for them next time.

Jokanovic and Karanka had no experience of managing in English football and they've not had bad seasons

You can see why we would want to get this done early. He's a cracking little player, I think he'd suit our style and could play out wide or in the middle of an attacking midfield. I pinpointed him and Pritchard as Brentford's two stand-out players and targets should we have replaced McClaren with Warburton if he went to Newcastle.

£2mil is a good deal, Brentford will make money after just one season of having him and we should get a tidy player. I'd say if got Bent, Jota, Ince, Dunk or Shackell and a RB that's pretty much business done for the season. Hopefully sign Eustace up then bring in a loanee/cheap perm CDM as back-up to Thorne and maybe another Ibe type youngster on loan and we're sorted.

It's good that we're trying to sort it early, I'm off to Mallorca 10th-17th June so won't want to be paying 2 Euros for half an hour of internet every day to check if we've bought anyone!!

You can see why we would want to get this done early. He's a cracking little player, I think he'd suit our style and could play out wide or in the middle of an attacking midfield. I pinpointed him and Pritchard as Brentford's two stand-out players and targets should we have replaced McClaren with Warburton if he went to Newcastle.

£2mil is a good deal, Brentford will make money after just one season of having him and we should get a tidy player. I'd say if got Bent, Jota, Ince, Dunk or Shackell and a RB that's pretty much business done for the season. Hopefully sign Eustace up then bring in a loanee/cheap perm CDM as back-up to Thorne and maybe another Ibe type youngster on loan and we're sorted.

It's good that we're trying to sort it early, I'm off to Mallorca 10th-17th June so won't want to be paying 2 Euros for half an hour of internet every day to check if we've bought anyone!!

​You've spent about £6m there

​Which isn't exactly a huge sum seeing as Rush as said we have room with the FFP rulings to have a "seriously competitive squad" or along those lines. Valuing the players on transfer fees only I'd guess

Bent - free

Jota - £2m

Ince - £3m

Dunk/Shackell £1-1.5m?

RB - Loan? Price N/A.

Winger & CDM loan/nominal fee.

​And of course this can be funded on our own sales.

Suppose someone comes in for Keogh again, that could pretty much pay for Jota. If the Hendrick for £5mil and player deal is true that's pretty much our transfer dealings done without spending a penny.

​Which isn't exactly a huge sum seeing as Rush as said we have room with the FFP rulings to have a "seriously competitive squad" or along those lines. Valuing the players on transfer fees only I'd guess

Bent - free

Jota - £2m

Ince - £3m

Dunk/Shackell £1-1.5m?

RB - Loan? Price N/A.

Winger & CDM loan/nominal fee.

​tbf i misread, thought you meant Dunk and Shackell!

Still alot, I'd be surprised to see us buy two wingers.

And if we are funding from our own sales, we have to replace that position. The only interest we really know of is Hendrick so you have to factor in buying a new CM of a similar level, not cheap in itself.

Get a local sim and use 3g service. 

Jokanovic and Karanka had no experience of managing in English football and they've not had bad seasons

Very true. Although Karanka had the second half of last year to acclimatise, Watford were a bit freakish all round.

Personally I feel that for every Jakanovic there are 2 or 3 more Solbakken's etc

Get a local sim and use 3g service. 

​Good idea! I presume there wouldn't be any charges or need for a top-up to use the internet would there? My current contract has data restrictions but I never use them. Obviously on a different sim the contract restrictions wouldn't apply.

​tbf i misread, thought you meant Dunk and Shackell!

Still alot, I'd be surprised to see us buy two wingers.

And if we are funding from our own sales, we have to replace that position. The only interest we really know of is Hendrick so you have to factor in buying a new CM of a similar level, not cheap in itself.

​I wouldn't mind Dunk or Shackell. Both have their pros and cons. Shackell solid, experienced etc. but been there done that, how much has he got left in him? Dunk younger, will improve as he gets older, already relatively experienced at this level but not yet to be part of anything 'successful'.

I think we'll bring two wingers in minimum. Dawkins ain't a winger so with the loss of Ward, Lingard and currently Ince. We're left with just Russell. Unless we change our system, we'll need a minimum of two wingers as a starter and one back up. I'd be surprised if at least one wasn't a permanent deal.

The Hendrick replacement included in on the deal could well be a like for like player. Take Westwood as an example, we'd have Thorne + maybe a new loanee & sign Eustace up. That's CDM sorted. Hughes & Bryson with Westwood back-up. Koblenz, Calero, Guy etc as youth reserves. That should be enough.

Archived