Jota

matty1

A sim is like 6 euro. Then get Internet service for like 100 mb for a week for 3 euro  from the credit you get and that should be enough for this forum. I'm in paphos and I'm doing this. 

​OK thanks. I'm 300 metre walk from the hotel to the town centre where I'm staying so I'll have a walk in on day one and see what there is.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I wouldn't mind Dunk or Shackell. Both have their pros and cons. Shackell solid, experienced etc. but been there done that, how much has he got left in him? Dunk younger, will improve as he gets older, already relatively experienced at this level but not yet to be part of anything 'successful'.

I think we'll bring two wingers in minimum. Dawkins ain't a winger so with the loss of Ward, Lingard and currently Ince. We're left with just Russell. Unless we change our system, we'll need a minimum of two wingers as a starter and one back up. I'd be surprised if at least one wasn't a permanent deal.

The Hendrick replacement included in on the deal could well be a like for like player. Take Westwood as an example, we'd have Thorne + maybe a new loanee & sign Eustace up. That's CDM sorted. Hughes & Bryson with Westwood back-up. Koblenz, Calero, Guy etc as youth reserves. That should be enough.

​Winger wise, definitely 2 in. But I doubt we'd buy two, one would be a loan. Use youth for that fourth option.

​Winger wise, definitely 2 in. But I doubt we'd buy two, one would be a loan. Use youth for that fourth option.

​That's fine. We could even see a change in system. My preferred option would mean that a Hendrick sale covers pretty much all our dealings without needing to replace Hendrick. 4-2-3-1.

Grant

RB Keogh Dunk/Shackell Fozzy

Thorne Hughes

Ince Jota Russell

Martin

Bench: Roos, Christie, Bucko, Bryson, Westwood(other swap?), Dawks/Calero/loaned winger, Bent.

To me that looks maybe a tad ambitious but very strong nonetheless.

​That's fine. We could even see a change in system. My preferred option would mean that a Hendrick sale covers pretty much all our dealings without needing to replace Hendrick. 4-2-3-1.

Grant

Thorne Hughes

Ince Jota Russell

Martin

Bench: Roos, Christie, Bucko, Bryson, Westwood(other swap?), Dawks/Calero/loaned winger, Bent.

​I do like 4-2-31, and it does kind of make Hendrick useless. He's not a DM and hes not a CAM, so kind of may as well sell him. I'd prefer Hughes in CAM but he can play deeper.

Grant

Thorne Hughes

Ince Jota Russell

Martin

​Good team but would prefer to buy another right back

​I do like 4-2-31, and it does kind of make Hendrick useless. He's not a DM and hes not a CAM, so kind of may as well sell him. I'd prefer Hughes in CAM but he can play deeper.

​Agree. Hughes in my opinion can play CDM with a player alongside him. We rarely see him advanced, more as a deep-lying playmaker. He would be able to roam around with the knowledge of Thorne sitting to cover but at the same time disciplining himself to not commit himself forward too much. If we don't get Jota I'd still like to see us use this formation. It's flexible. We could play Hughes or Martin in the CAM role which allows another striker or CM to play. If we get Ince he can also play the central role which allows another winger to come into the side.

​Bit of an attacking formation that 4-2-31.  Should score some goals :)

​Good team but would prefer to buy another right back

​Me too, that's why I have simply put 'RB' in the line-up as that position is still very much up for grabs. Christie was fantastic at the start of the season but from his Ireland call-up onwards has been very mistake prone and inconsistent. He'll only get better with time and could well have a fantastic season next year, but if not I don't trust Shotton at RB nor do I want to see Keogh play there.

​Me too, that's why I have simply put 'RB' in the line-up as that position is still very much up for grabs. Christie was fantastic at the start of the season but from his Ireland call-up onwards has been very mistake prone and inconsistent. He'll only get better with time and could well have a fantastic season next year, but if not I don't trust Shotton at RB nor do I want to see Keogh play there.

​Get Wisdom back , plus a couple of other players mentioned in this thread and we are up.

​Oh I thought you put Keogh at right back first :D

​Get Wisdom back , plus a couple of other players mentioned in this thread and we are up.

​Wisdom would be a great addition, the only stumbling block is the story that he could be the only first-team RB at Liverpool by the time Johnson leaves, Flanagan out for 6 months and their young Spaniard they've got on loan failing to impress. Wisdom ain't good enough for Liverpool so if L'pool get a new RB, it could be on the cards.

​Oh I thought you put Keogh at right back first :D

​Haha as if!!!

Looks like I'm the only one who hasn't seen him enough to form an opinion...

I like his name but he doesn't have a beard... if he had a beard he would be terrific signing, now I just don't know.

PistoldPete2

I thought Pritchard was the stand out player for brentford. And judge is quite good too. If jota is worth £2 million how much for those guys?

I thought Pritchard was the stand out player for brentford. And judge is quite good too. If jota is worth £2 million how much for those guys?

​Pritchard ain't Brentford's player, In talks with Spurs over a new deal so for him I'd say not for sale. Loan at best. I rate Jota over Judge personally, wouldn't place Judge in our first XI whereas with Jota I would.

Toumani Diagouraga is another Brentford player I've been impressed with last season, very effective home and away against us, literally know nothing else about him though, but as a back up to Thorne worth a shout?

Toumani Diagouraga is another Brentford player I've been impressed with last season, very effective home and away against us, literally know nothing else about him though, but as a back up to Thorne worth a shout?

​To look for a back-up for Thorne is what we need to do, but the player needs to be aware that's their role. Back-up. I doubt  a player from a side who finished above us would move to us to sit on our bench unless needed, and promising any him any more could result in an upset camp. He would be a very good back-up but whether he would settle for that I'm not so sure.

​Thought he was excellent at the ipro.

(supporters POY apparently)

​To look for a back-up for Thorne is what we need to do, but the player needs to be aware that's their role. Back-up. I doubt  a player from a side who finished above us would move to us to sit on our bench unless needed, and promising any him any more could result in an upset camp. He would be a very good back-up but whether he would settle for that I'm not so sure.

Maybe back up was the wrong word, competition or to complement Thorne would be more like it. Him and GT patrolling allowing Hughes to play higher up, him and Thorne taking turns to break could be good.

Archived