Who will finish in Top 3 of the Championship

Curtains

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I

Surprised nobody has given QPR a shout... 

I reckon a 3 horse race between ourselves,QPR and Hull. After last years bottling though I'm not putting any money on it this year.

ince's 20 odd goals for them will put them up there, plus the hatrick he scores against us aswell ?

Delusion/arrogance/optimism 

Delete as appropriate. 

Optimism. To be honest, very few people correctly identified last seasons top 3 at this stage and this season will probably be similar. 

I doubt it will be as tight, but there will be a few surprises no doubt.

Derby squad strength would be in most people's top 5 this season I'd imagine, the unknown entities are of course Paul Clement and his backroom staff. We could feasibly finish top by a distance, we could feasibly finish 8th, but at this point in time with only the squad strength to go on I'd throw us into the top 3. 
My top 3 were not in order, that wasn't part of the remit.
;) 

I'm not convinced the team in place would win the league, but there's plenty of time left in the market.

I'd say today, the four strongest squads are ours, Wolves, Hull and QPR.

We need a bit of balance to our side. I think the current squad is good enough to put up a fight, but we've got limited wide options and one senior CDM. 

Wolves need to fill in some gaps but finished the season in good form.

QPR have an okay squad, as long as they don't lose anyone, but have Ramsey managing them.

Hull should be fairly well placed, they may need a few players (especially if we sign Ince) but they won't be too far away.

Middlesbrough need 4 or 5 really good players coming in. They've lost five fairly significant names from their squad. 
Burnley never had and never will have the strongest squad in the league, but Dyche knows how to get a tune out of his side.
See Burnley, for Ipswich.
Bristol seemed strong in L1 - they could be okay. 
Blackburn are outsiders, as are Fulham, but could be up there if it 'clicks' into place. Manager change for both may do 'um good. 

The beauty of this league is that it is most probable that every single on of us will be wrong, as there is always a couple of wildcards that come from nowhere and do reasonably well.

Who would have put money on us finishing below Bournemouth and Brentford this time last year?

Therefore, I shall go Derby, Wolves, Blackburn.  In reality, it could be around 3 of 18 who have realistic hopes.  (Forest being one that will not make it)

jeez! looking at this thread we will surely win the league?? The bookies are offering about 7/1 so all of you should put the money on. 

Problem is all this expectation is just building up for disappointment and forum full of moaning!

Top 3 at this moment in time (it could very well change come end of transfer window)

Hull City

Burnley

Wolves

For us i think we will make the play-offs, remember it's the managers first season so might take a bit of time to get in full swing.

1. Hull 

2. Derby

3. Ipswich 

If Hull keep their best players then they could storm this league, especially with Steve Bruce in charge. 

We have a great squad and we are building on all of our weakness of last season, I could see us getting in the autos.

Ipswich have a decent team and Mick McCarthy has already down alright in the transfer window with getting Pitman and Fraser in from Bournemouth. 

Ipswich just sold a solid defender. The best they had arguably. Their two front men will not get anywhere near as many goals next season. Burnley need to sign two goalscorers before I consider them. QPR have a squad that is crumbling. Wolves just are not strong enough to push all that way. Same with Forest. 

I am going with Boro, Hull and us. No specific order. 

Ipswich just sold a solid defender. The best they had arguably. Their two front men will not get anywhere near as many goals next season. Burnley need to sign two goalscorers before I consider them. QPR have a squad that is crumbling. Wolves just are not strong enough to push all that way. Same with Forest. 

I am going with Boro, Hull and us. No specific order. 

Mings wasn't that important for them, he was a very good player, but a bit inconsistent for Ipswich and they have adequate replacement in Ryan Fraser and Jonathan Parr. I think their strikers will do just fine and with the addition of Brett Pitman they have a very good strike force. 

QPR have bought some very decent players this window, I can't see them crumbling, but they wont get in the play offs, probably mid table. 

And Boro have lost Bamford and a lot of the players they had on loan wont be playing for them, they might not even sign Vossen. Unless they sign a decent striker I can't see them doing that well.

Archived