Formation Fun

Chris Mills

I think the issue with the whole of english football is summed up in this thread. Many on here seem to prefer physically strong players and grafters like Hendrick and Bryson and we don't seem to appreciate technically gifted footballers like Dawkins

Have I seriously just read "technically gifted" and Dawkins in the same thread? Granted he's an Ok footballer, but technically gifted, do me a favour. Technically gifted surely should only be used for players like Sheringham, Hoddle, Gascoigne, Scholes, Hazard etc etc but Dawkins.....Jesus FIFA15 has a lot to answer for 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have I seriously just read "technically gifted" and Dawkins in the same thread? Granted he's an Ok footballer, but technically gifted, do me a favour. Technically gifted surely should only be used for players like Sheringham, Hoddle, Gascoigne, Scholes, Hazard etc etc but Dawkins.....Jesus FIFA15 has a lot to answer for 

he's not technically gifted on fifa... he's a technical dribbler!!!!!!!

Have you checked whether they do refunds at that Swiss Finishing School you went to?

I've no idea what the heck you're talking about?

Have you checked whether they do refunds at that Swiss Finishing School you went to?

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

It was a Finnish Swissing School.

(ok, that sounded funnier in my head)

Well it's all relative isn't it? If we're going to start comparing our players to the likes of Hazard, then they're all *****. At this level, he's technically very good.

The first thing that Bent wanted to know was whether he was coming here to play or to be a sub. Bent did not come here to be a sub.

We will have injuries among all three of Martin, Bent and Weimann. We will likely play 53 professional matches next season. We will rotate players. We will bring them on as subs. Bent can expect more than enough game time. He could possibly start 2/3 of the games he is fit and available for. If we get Ince some days Ince will play behind or in front of Martin or out wide. Some games Weimann will play behind Martin, in front of him or out wide. Martin will play either up top or behind Bent. Bent will play up top. Then we will also have players like Hughes and Calero who can play behind Martin. We will have Mason bennett who too can play behind or in front of Martin. Russell who can play out wide, behind Martin and in front of too

We are going to have a lot of attacking choice if we ditch that DM role. I think if Thorne is fit we could comfortably do that. I think Weimann, Bent, Martin and Ince could get 75 goals between them no problem. 

Well it's all relative isn't it? If we're going to start comparing our players to the likes of Hazard, then they're all *****. At this level, he's technically very good.

No it's not relative, either your technically gifted or not, Dawkins is not. Being techically gifted should only be used for the top percentile, not an average championship player, if he was technically gifted he would not be playing at this level. 

Carson

Pierce   Shackell  Fozzy

Hughes     Thorne

Ince                    Bryson           Wiemann

Bent        Martin

Subs Grant, Buxton, Dawkins, Diagouraga, Baird

Grant

Keogh Albentosa Buxton

Christie                                                Forsyth

Hughes Thorne Bryson

Martin Bent

That's near enough the same team as last season. I imagine a couple of those will be sold or on the bench

Carson

Pierce   Shackell  Fozzy

Hughes     Thorne

Ince                    Bryson           Wiemann

Bent        Martin

Subs Grant, Buxton, Dawkins, Diagouraga, Baird

Cough*

The best formation for us, if we sign Bridcutt as well, would be 4-2-3-1. 

If we have a solid backline then our attacking players can all do their jobs without worrying too much about going backwards. 

Bridcutt, Hughes, Thorne and Baird can all play in that defensive two, with Hanson in reserve. 

Archived