Formation Fun

Chris Mills

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about:

Puyol

Ince Russell Calero Santos Martin Bent Thomas Weimann Hughes Dawkins

Kwame Thomas is a bit raw. Need another experienced forward in there.

Needles, I do not always see eye to eye with you but some of your comments are very pointed.

Stick to the thread topic Rampage, we're bursting at the seams with puns already.

With a reply like that Needles I found it difficult to selvage my puinster rating. However I offer this as a mere thimbleful of wit in response.I await the needle match against Boro at home and hope that we have the team knit together by then and that we can put on a pearler of a performance to cushion the disappointment of last season. We will need to be pin sharp in front of goal to score against Boro..

PistoldPete2

I personally think we just HAVE to integrate both Bent and Martin into the team. We can't afford for a 20 goal a season striker to be sat on the bench. 

I think we can afford to have bent on the bench. We have martin who is a 20 goal a season striker , if we get ince he's another and weimann will bag quite a few. Plus bent starting on the bench doesn't mean he won't get game time and plenty of goals, too. I think if we have those four and avoid rampant injuries we will get at least 60 goals from strikers . That plus goals from midfield should be enough provided we play a CDM and a decent defence.

Newsflash - Paul Clement is to invite the Red Arrows Team in for discussions. He says that the Red Arrows are all fast, manoueverable, very flexible to change formation and do not leave huge gaps at the back.They generally have just one up front.

4 2 3 1 because it's a practical formation, provides cover and it looks like an arrow/rocket focused at the opposition goal...

l   l   l   l

l    l

l    l    l

l

They do look a bit like headless chickens in the diagram, cheron85. This is what Real Madrid play most of the time so Clement may prefer it.

With what we've got at the minute, I think we would start (not my team): 

Carson

Christie                Keogh               Pearce                Forsyth

Thorne

Hendrick                  Hughes

Weimann

Martin               Bent

If we don't bring in another central midfielder, I'm very interested to see who wins the midfield spot along side Hughes on opening day. Assuming Hughes is there.

Hendrick was clearly favored by SM.

Archived