Formation Fun

Chris Mills

Carson

Christie - Keogh - Shackell - Forsyth

Thorne - Bridcutt

Ince - Hughes - Weimann

Martin

(This is of course if we sign all those players we're heavily linked with)

Villa fans say Weimann is wasted out wide, but it will be a lot easier for him to get in scoring positions in the Champ. If we create chances for him on the left like we did for Ince on the right he should bag plenty and with 2 holding mids, he shouldn't need to help defend as much because Bridcutt/Thorne could cover for him

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson

Albentosa/Pearce-  Shackell-  Forsyth

Bridcutt

Ince      Thorne  Hughes     Russel

Martin

Weimann/Bent

Carson

Albentosa/Pearce-  Shackell-  Forsyth

Bridcutt

Ince      Thorne  Hughes     Russel

Martin

Weimann/Bent

Russell and Ince would need to act more like Wing Backs otherwise it would be suicide.

I thought about that , Russell is a grafter and does track back, and I do think that fozzy is a solid enough defender to to cover Russell if he loses the ball, and you would also have Bridcutt as another line of defence......with Ince he is more a luxury but what a great luxury his goals were so is a must, but to cover him I have put Thorne on that side of midfield and again Bridcutt would be there behind helping out...was also thinking Thorne and Bridcutt could be swapped if that works out better 

Grant
New Keogh Shackell Forsyth

Thorne Hughes
Ince                            Russell
             Weimann
               Martin

Carson, Baird, Pearce, Hendrick, Hold Up Striker, New winger, Bent, 

^ Hard on. 

1277854_Derby_County.jpg

1277858_Derby_County.jpg

Surely not 442? But how do we get all these players in the 18 let alone the 11? If clement can get them ticking, we're going to be in for a great season.

1277854_Derby_County.jpg

1277858_Derby_County.jpg

Surely not 442? But how do we get all these players in the 18 let alone the 11? If clement can get them ticking, we're going to be in for a great season.

You've hit the nail on the head, IF Clement can get them ticking, we could be in for the best season in a very long while.

I would just play Martin , in the hole just behind Bent so really it would be a 4 ,3, 3 formation,with front 3 changing positions all game to confuse,the opposition back 4.So if we got Ince,and Shackell,and would leave out Keogh,and Russell.This looks a very strong team in this division.

Use the Bald Eagle 523?

1278240_Derby_County.jpg

Martin, Bent and Weimann as Willems, Studger and Gabbiadini?

But then where does Ince and Bridcutt fit? I can see Baird as centre half or a range of cover, and probably Christie or an upgrade ahead of Hendrick at RWB, but it still doesn't convince me. I'm over thinking it, but I don't get what we're trying to build.

Rotation, rotation, rotation is the only possible solution or purpose of Clement getting all these players in.I think that four or five squad members will be leaving and will be replaced by Clement's men. As soon as all the teams get back to training, other managers will be targeting our fringe players for loan deals.

Ancellotti plays 4 2 3 1  and uses rotation so expect the same from Clement generally.

Carson

Baird Pearce Shackell? TBA

Thorne Birdcutt?

Weimann Hughes Ince?

Martin 

----------=

Grant

Christie Buxton Keogh Forsyth

Bryson Hanson

Russell  Hendrick   Dawkins

Bent  

4 2 3 1

Grant/Carson

New RB/Christie    Keogh/Albentosa     Shackell/ pearce    Forsyth  

Thorne / Bridcutt/Baird    Hughes/ Hendrick

Ince/Russell                    Dawkins/ Hughes/ Bryson            Weimann/Russell/ calero/ new winger 

Martin

Or 4 1 2 3

Grant/Carson

Thorne/Bridcutt/Baird

Hendrick/ Bryson             Hughes/ Dawkins

Ince/ Russell                                    Martin                                      Weimann/ Russell

Or 442 diamond

Grant/Carson

Thorne/Bridcutt/Baird

Ince/Russell                                                                                     Russell/ Calero/ New winger                                                                                                  

Hughes/Bryson/ Dawkins                                         

Bent/ Martin              Martin/Weimann

If you're wondering why some players are included in certain formations but not mentioned at all in others its because I don't feel like for example playing the diamond hendrick would suit either playing in a holding role or playing behind the front two.   

Obviously i hope we sign ince, bridcutt and shackell. Then a new right back and maybe try a winger on loan and i believe we would be ready to go at the top 2.       

5-3-2

Grant

Cyrus - Keogh/Pearce - Shackell? - Albentosa/Baird - Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes - Hendrick

Martin - Weimann/Bent

I think theres a reason we're investing in a lot of defensive players, and why we have four strikers on our books at the moment with only one winger (Russell).

Have Russell and also Weimann who can play on the wing would also mean we can quickly change it up to a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 etc.

My formation may not have been that clear. Russell and Weimann were the wingers, Dawkins at CAM.

I think he's great at finding space, moves the ball well and quickly, and we've seen that he does have a final product. Such a beautiful footballer to watch too, he just glides out there.

Spot on, he just seems to effortlessly move across the pitch with the ball at his feet. 

Archived