Raul Albentosa to Betis

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Bally Jerry pranged his kite right in the how's your father. Hairy blighter dicky-birded, feathered back on his Sammy, took a waspy, flipped over on his Betty Harper's and caught his can in the Bertie.

​Classic banter

For anybody trying to book Albentosa plane tickets, remember his royal highness, Lord Sir Jake Buxton played centre half in the 4-1 home defeat against Ssausagehorpe. The lowest point I've ever been a Derby supporter. How many times did people call for Bucko's head after that disgusting display? 

Give Raul some time

He needs time to settle but it might be more a case of him wanting to leave rather than us wanting to sell.

McLaren made some interesting comments saying he was frustrated as he thought he deserved to start every game. Millwall away during the warm ups he was training alone, during a passing exercise players weren't involving him, Hughes didn't even acknowledge him on 3 occasions. Whether he upset the pack demanding starts or the language barrier has an effect, something didn't look right.

Anyway lets get back on topic. If he were to leave, which I really hope he doesn't, how much would you people sell him for?

​If we got him for 800k I say 1million.

We don't need him to leave and could get better, Betis have shown the interest and so have to interest Derby

200k profit isn't bad...

I wouldn't sell him though imo

Give him 20 games under Clement and then judge.

​If he plays 20 games for Clement at the same level he played for Mac, no-one will be willing to take Albentosa back to Spain any longer and Clement will have been sacked.

Give him 20 games under Clement and then judge.

​We don't have time to trial him for a long period of time and judge him. We need 3 points every week from the first game of the season, which is why I think Keogh and Pearce will play 46 games each if they don't get injured. 

​We don't have time to trial him for a long period of time and judge him. We need 3 points every week from the first game of the season, which is why I think Keogh and Pearce will play 46 games each if they don't get injured. 

​So you are saying that we need 138 points to be promoted?

What about the weeks where we play 2 games? Do we need to win just one?

​So you are saying that we need 138 points to be promoted?

What about the weeks where we play 2 games? Do we need to win just one?

You know what I mean.

We need to be winning games from the start instead of trying to get Albentosa in the team. He's not shown anything to suggest that we should be trying to get him in the team anyway through playing him games. When he played we looked dodgy at the back. 

Why risk playing Albentosa for 20 games to "judge" him. 

I would rather give Pearce a go at CB alongside Keogh because he has played in the division for a while, knows the style of play, can speak English and knows Keogh and Christie from the ROI. 

Fair enough after 10-20 games of Albentosa playing regularly he may turn out to be better than all our Cb's but at what cost. If he keeps making mistakes in those 10-20 games that cost us points is it worth it. 

You know what I mean.

We need to be winning games from the start instead of trying to get Albentosa in the team. He's not shown anything to suggest that we should be trying to get him in the team anyway through playing him games. When he played we looked dodgy at the back. 

Why risk playing Albentosa for 20 games to "judge" him. 

I would rather give Pearce a go at CB alongside Keogh because he has played in the division for a while, knows the style of play, can speak English and knows Keogh and Christie from the ROI. 

Fair enough after 10-20 games of Albentosa playing regularly he may turn out to be better than all our Cb's but at what cost. If he keeps making mistakes in those 10-20 games that cost us points is it worth it. 

​I am not sure that I have seen Albentosa make that many mistakes, a couple of wayward long passes maybe when there was nobody to pass to closer. Paradoxically, his captain ...............

​I am not sure that I have seen Albentosa make that many mistakes, a couple of wayward long passes maybe when there was nobody to pass to closer. Paradoxically, his captain ...............

​Spot on.

Remarkably, everyone is calling for Keogh to remain in the team despite making far more mistakes than Albentosa ever did. Raul was solid if unspectacular, with a good pre-season could be a good player for us this season.

It's amazing that Keogh had a whole season and made many mistakes which often led to goals and is still hailed as the man we want at the heart of our defence over Albentosa who's had under 10 games in an already failing side and looked fairly solid...

Archived