Raul Albentosa to Betis

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HITC is starting to get a bit of an unfair deal here all of a sudden, just read the article and then judge if it's a load of crap. Some of the stuff is regurgitated but you don't criticise Twitter for regurgitating crap. At least HITC cites other sources and puts a personal opinion twist on it.

All aboard the bandwagon...

The main problem with HITC, in relation to this and most other football forums. is that it brings out the petty jealousy in many people. A lot of posters on here think they could be a journalist, or a chief scout.  Then you have those who crave to be ITK and would give their right arm to be associated with someone / anyone at the club. Accordingly we have to read a load of bullshit views and opinions, and many outright lies and fabrications, on here that come from the range of school kids and pubescent youths, the bored and elderly, the terminally lonely, and a good smattering of total fantasists. But hey, it's all great fun isn't it.

In fact almost every thread in the transfer talk section is improved by totally ignoring the thread subject matter and going off on any number of tangents, as I realise I am in this, but when in Rome and all that.

And by improved I mean ruined.

Never - in - a - month - of - Sundays!

And what are you basing this on?

The limited time he's been with us has been turbulent. As Nicholson said, he was supposed to come into a winning side so he'd settle quickly. Instead he was thrown into a failing back 4 while feeling homesick and with only a basic grasp of the language.

Hardly the perfect conditions to make a balanced decision on a player...

Also, if Malaga are wanting him on loan, he must have some admirable features because they're a far more accomplished, and currently stronger team than we are!

Would be upset to see him go. Not necessarily because of what we'd lose with him going but probably because of how much I wanted and do want him to succeed here. The expectations were so high, and thst was the clubs fault. It'd have been hard for him to emulate how good some thought he would be based on how much the club bigged him up.

I'd love to see him do well here but being honest, once he leaves on loan I can't see him wearing a Derby shirt again.

And what are you basing this on?

The limited time he's been with us has been turbulent. As Nicholson said, he was supposed to come into a winning side so he'd settle quickly. Instead he was thrown into a failing back 4 while feeling homesick and with only a basic grasp of the language.

Hardly the perfect conditions to make a balanced decision on a player...

Also, if Malaga are wanting him on loan, he must have some admirable features because they're a far more accomplished, and currently stronger team than we are!

Good footballers are good footballers.

Good footballers are good footballers.

There are so many cases where a player has looked good at one club but moved and not looked a shadow of his former self due to not settling, it happens multiple times in the Premier League every season.

Fernando Torres was not only a good, but great footballer at Liverpool. He then moved to Chelsea... the rest is history.

Yes but we are comparing apples and oranges. I am referring to basic footballing techniques.  I admit my preference for DCFC is to have good quality footballing centre backs. Keogh isn't perfect by any means but he can carry the ball forward he can stop feint, turn, sprint, retain possession and generally play football. Bucko is similar albeit he cant sprint. Pearce is similar. Raul Albentosa is not.

I'm not having a go at the bloke he just isn't going to improve us. Strange to me that many who dismiss Keogh seem to rate Raul (not you necessarily). Glad the club, and I suspect more to the point Clement, who has been in Spain as a professional coach, have identified a problem of their own making.

Thought he looked better in the 45mins against Grimsby than he did in the entire of last season.

Shame he hasn't been given the chance, but if he's expressed a desire to be back in Spain, at least temporarily, then what can we do? Better than him being unhappy here. Ex-pros have often commented about how much a destructive force unhappy players can be.

Archived