Raul Albentosa to Betis

North_Stand_Ram

They do actually play in different positions Needles.  That said, I think one of them will be gone come 31/08.

​They play centre half iRam, and as the squad stands Keogh is the right sided one if that's what you're alluding to. Pearce will probably be lining alongside him and he's also right footed I believe? The point is, which one has demonstrated better ability here at Derby?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd pick Albentosa because his name sounds more sexy and exciting

​I couldn't give a **** what their name is personally.

I liked the Mascarell signing on paper because of his pedigree, same as Albentosa. I was wrong, it seems, about both (hopefully I'm not wrong to be excited by Paul Clement coming from Spain with big reputation).

Proves to me that there's no substitute for the evidence displayed on the pitch.

​They play centre half iRam, and as the squad stands Keogh is the right sided one if that's what you're alluding to. Pearce will probably be lining alongside him and he's also right footed I believe? The point is, which one has demonstrated better ability here at Derby?

I am alluding to Albentosa being a right sided centre half my friend.  I will give you my answer when I have seen Albentosa play 8 games in his natural and preferred position or when I have seen Buxton play 8 games in his non-preferred and unnatural position. Till then you and I would be comparing eggs with bananas.

I thought he was dogsh1t after 20 minutes of his debut. He hasn't gone up in my opinion since. I get the concept that he may be much better now he's settled but if we can get our money back I'd sell.

How many times do you have to see Claude Davis to come to a decision.

how many seconds do you have to watch Colin Todd before breaking into a smile.

​What about David Nish?

He looked appalling for 6 months when he first came into Derby's side.

​What about David Nish?

He looked appalling for 6 months when he first came into Derby's side.

Tbh i was never sure that nishy was any better than john robson.

Tbh i was never sure that nishy was any better than john robson.

​There was always excitement with Robbo.

I remember being at Wolves - he brought the best out of Les Green that day with a pass-back that produced a quite wonderful save.

Simply has to be given a long spell in the side, he is proven quality in Spain. Remember the 12 teams interested? The private jet over there? That wasn't built on fallacy. 

If if he goes, I think we will regret watching him turn into a top defender. 

I am alluding to Albentosa being a right sided centre half my friend.  I will give you my answer when I have seen Albentosa play 8 games in his natural and preferred position or when I have seen Buxton play 8 games in his non-preferred and unnatural position. Till then you and I would be comparing eggs with bananas.

​First appearance vs Chesterfield at right sided centre half right? A sage says above, subbed at HT looking un-convincing against third division strikers. Also, how many right footed centre halves have to play left side of a pair? 

Would Albentosa displace Keogh on what you've seen? Not a chance for most people, and we're signing another rights sided centre half (who's been playing left sided) in Pearce from Reading. So he can't play left sided and he won't get  in the team right sided. So why is he here? I really, genuinely hope he owns it this season, but I can't see any reason for thinking he will.

Albentosa's performances made no sense.  He was playing at a higher standard of football than the championship for half a season and was apparently performing very well.  However, to be honest he hasn't looked nearly as good as i had hoped since he arrived. If it were individual errors and maybe struggling to adapt to a new system (or lack of it in Derby's case in the latter half of the season) i'd be eager to give the benefit of the doubt.  But it's been more than that, looking at his overall game, it's hard to be optimistic for his future at Derby. I hope i'm wrong.

​First appearance vs Chesterfield at right sided centre half right? A sage says above, subbed at HT looking un-convincing against third division strikers. Also, how many right footed centre halves have to play left side of a pair? 

Would Albentosa displace Keogh on what you've seen? Not a chance for most people, and we're signing another rights sided centre half (who's been playing left sided) in Pearce from Reading. So he can't play left sided and he won't get  in the team right sided. So why is he here? I really, genuinely hope he owns it this season, but I can't see any reason for thinking he will.

​Wasn't Chesterfield the game McClaren decided to try using 5 at the back?

Hi everyone, first time poster here..

Personally, I think with time Albentosa will come good for us. He obviously did a good job at Eibar seeing as he left them in a decent position in the table and then after he left they dropped into the relegation places! (Reinstated in the league however due to financial problems at Elche). Now I know that Eibar dropping could have been for various different reasons but surely him leaving could be a factor in their decline?

I think that once he has had a decent pre-season and gains some confidence alongside his fellow defensive players (depending on who they are with regard to potential transfers), he could be a key player next season as long as the defence isn't chopped and changed like it has been this season but I suppose we will just have to see what PC thinks of the squad in general first.

It should be an interesting summer though with exciting times ahead for DCFC!

I'd pick Albentosa because his name sounds more sexy and exciting

​yeah sex keeps the ball from entering the net, Man Utd failed to win the title because Marouane Fellaini was in the team,Beckham earnt a fortune, useless for 90% of his career but he was good for advertising and revenue !!! , I hope clement keeps note of this when he signs players ?

Scenario:

you decide to start a new game on football manager and take charge of an above average championship team, say blackburn, you don't really do much in the transfer window since you can never find anyone decent to sign, so you pickup a cheap player from league 1, terminate the **** loans that you've got and bring in new ones from Chelsea or arsenal.

you make your way to the January transfer window and your doing well, sitting in 4th and only 2 points of autos, so you decide to sign a few players to give you that extra boost, especially in midfield as that's your weakest point, you being in few prem loans but none that special midfielder and you still want that something extra, you spend 1.5 hours scouting everyone in your scouting list and then you find a 4/4.5 star midfielder rated a good/decent premier league quality player, on decent wages for half a million quid so you snap him up like that.

you put him straight into the team and he does okay, gets a 6.8 rating. Unfortunately he picks up an injury for a month so you soldier on without your star signing, unfortunately 4 of your other best players get injured in the coming few games and your left to field your backup players out of position, you've got your best striker playing in the wing, your favourite centre back in centre midfield and your star right back in the other side of the wing, your form plummets and you find yourself sat in 9th, your new signing comes back and you desperately put him back in the side, but to no avail, all your players 'last 5 games' have been below a 7 rating, the season finishes and the new man ends with an average rating of 6.56, only 3 of your players end with an above 7 rating, however at least 5 of your players ended with a worse average rating than the new man since the run of bad form started.

it comes to the transfer window and you need to raise some cash, so you go through your squad evaluating your players and do you decide to sell him? Of course not, you would be hard pressed to find a player of his ability again to replace him with, and when your whole sides average ratings have been below 7 it's hardly a situation where you could expect him to be a 7+.

the new season comes, you've made your signings and get off to a flying start, your sat in 1st 5 clear of 2nd and 7 points off the playoffs by November, you don't do any business in January since you don't need to, you end the season as champion in 96 points, your then star signing is named in team of the year, finished 3rd average rating in the whole league and wins fans player of the year. Your not that surprised, he got off to a poor start, but his quality would prevail, if the whole team is in poor form you couldn't expect him to rock the world

as the saying goes, class is permanent, form is temporary.

​There was always excitement with Robbo.

I remember being at Wolves - he brought the best out of Les Green that day with a pass-back that produced a quite wonderful save.

​not forgetting the fantastic goal he scored away at florist ...   also scored a simular goal against Dundee Utd in texaco cup in the 6 - 2  win

Did anybody watch the Norwich game (away obviously)? Raul was a rock that day and would have won MOTM if Hanson hadn't have made his debut. I think the reason he played so well was because we were defending for 90 minutes and not getting hit on the break every now and again, which he struggles with due to his mobility. I'm guessing that during his time at Eibar he'd have had many games where they were being pinned back in their own halves, heading and kicking anything in sight, which is probably why he looked so impressive as that kind of game suits him. I've not given up hope yet but I do agree with the majority that think he's underwhelmed thus far. 

I've not seen much from Albentosa that makes me think he's as good as Keogh or Buxton, even Whitbread, but as people have said, he hasn't been in the country long. If we get a good offer - £1.5m upwards - then sell. However, I doubt we will, so it's worth giving him the pre-season to show what he can do. 

Obviously if he wants to leave then just try and recuperate the money and ensure no losses have been made.  

Did anybody watch the Norwich game (away obviously)? Raul was a rock that day and would have won MOTM if Hanson hadn't have made his debut. I think the reason he played so well was because we were defending for 90 minutes and not getting hit on the break every now and again, which he struggles with due to his mobility. I'm guessing that during his time at Eibar he'd have had many games where they were being pinned back in their own halves, heading and kicking anything in sight, which is probably why he looked so impressive as that kind of game suits him. I've not given up hope yet but I do agree with the majority that think he's underwhelmed thus far. 

This

Signed for the Premier League in Jan, didn't make it

Archived