paul clement aiming big

B4ev6is

A Premiership striker/winger. 1 in 5 for Aston Villa. Player 120 games in past few seasons.

Young, point to prove, was being chased by Liverpool only two years ago.

Are people expecting us to sign Messi, Ronaldo and Suraez for our Forward line?

Really happy if he comes in - Happy with Pearce to.

Big names don't guarantee success - but people think it should.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I confess I am downbeat. A top 2 chasing side shouldn't be looking at Pearce as answer to strengthening centre back position. Look at reading forum. Not that bothered he's going. Solid at best. No better than what we have.

I've posted elsewhere re weimann. But a look at villa forum doesn't inspire me.

now I know fans may not see things in players that coaches do. But hardly good sign.

if boro signed these 2 would we be going "watch out! They mean serious business!!"?

I feel very down about this.

​Did you see our defending between March & May???  I'd say solid is a vast improvement on what we currently have...

I have watched the kids for most of the season. I think that they are all a season away from playing a major role in a top two aspiring team. Rawson and Hanson are ready to be blooded in games that we have already sewn up.We need a spine of experience in the team. We need players who know how to close the opposition down when necessary. bringing young  players on for 15-20 minutes at the end of a home match to see what they can do is the way forward.Loaning them out to Championship sides for a month would be ideal..That way we can test them without jeapordising our chances of losing matches.

Pierce will be a good signing,just glad we are in the market to sign new players all very positive am sure if some one exceptional becomes available Derbywill be in the mix once Clemant takes the reigns ,all very positive during the closed season and wouldn't be surprised if a few loans come in from Spain

I confess I am downbeat. A top 2 chasing side shouldn't be looking at Pearce as answer to strengthening centre back position. Look at reading forum. Not that bothered he's going. Solid at best. No better than what we have.

I've posted elsewhere re weimann. But a look at villa forum doesn't inspire me.

now I know fans may not see things in players that coaches do. But hardly good sign.

if boro signed these 2 would we be going "watch out! They mean serious business!!"?

I feel very down about this.

Ive got the impression here that these are to replace squad members and are not meant to be marquee signings

could be wrong of course. Will wait to see if we get Bent and Ince, and who else comes in!!! 

Is this the same Pearce that played every game when Reading went up automatically?? If he was good enough for Readings promotion and Premiership season why the hell do we think he isn't good enough for us? Certainly a upgrade on Bucko.

If someone was going to sign our captain, imagine the comments that would support his transfer. People would be queuing up to say he's shocking and he needs to go. The Reading fans slagging off Pearce don't necessarily know what they're talking about.

When bringing in new players we must remember that they have ambitions to improve and develop. surprised at the reserved comments about Pierce he may continue to improve with a change of club a new lease of life and the fact that we have far superior training facilities ,better coaches ,superior fans and a club buzzing with ambition could make the difference between a player being some what mediocre to becoming very capable.Ince wasn't exactly doing much for Hull before he turned up and I am sure if Bruce thought he could show that type of form he would have never been aloud to come to Derby.

We certainly need to bring fresh blood in at the back and ok pierce isn't a house hold name top flight player,but give him a chance he is a solid player ,generally not injury prone and was considered by Liverpool only a few seasons ago .Give the lad a chance I think he is a good buy,who else would you want without going out and splashing stupid money

If someone was going to sign our captain, imagine the comments that would support his transfer. People would be queuing up to say he's shocking and he needs to go. The Reading fans slagging off Pearce don't necessarily know what they're talking about.

​Keogh gets slated without any rumours of him leaving...        

Is this the same Pearce that played every game when Reading went up automatically?? If he was good enough for Readings promotion and Premiership season why the hell do we think he isn't good enough for us? Certainly a upgrade on Bucko.

​If that's true, we got one hell of a player for free!

Archived