paul clement aiming big

B4ev6is

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul comes off as being quite confident in his ability to lead a club to success, that's a good thing IMO but i hope he understands that this is his greatest challenge to date.  The Championship is a very difficult league and he won't get the same quality of refereeing as he is used to either.  The team was broken in spirit at the tail end of the season and confidence needs rebuilding.  New quality signings will go some way to address that and i'm expecting that he will be selling some of our regular players.  Hopefully some of Ancelotti's manic attention to detail will have rubbed off on him, he will need it as well as a good understanding of sports psychology.  Good on him though, he does talk the talk.

Paul comes off as being quite confident in his ability to lead a club to success, that's a good thing IMO but i hope he understands that this is his greatest challenge to date.  The Championship is a very difficult league and he won't get the same quality of refereeing as he is used to either.  The team was broken in spirit at the tail end of the season and confidence needs rebuilding.  New quality signings will go some way to address that and i'm expecting that he will be selling some of our regular players.  Hopefully some of Ancelotti's manic attention to detail will have rubbed off on him, he will need it as well as a good understanding of sports psychology.  Good on him though, he does talk the talk.

​This. We had almost a whole "Footballs Funniest Moments" worth of cock-ups in those last 13-odd games.

If Paul can bring back the spirit and joy of playing of people like Hughes, Russell etc then we should be able to look forward to success and a HUUUUGE flag of him in the South Stand for us to get behind.

I confess I am downbeat. A top 2 chasing side shouldn't be looking at Pearce as answer to strengthening centre back position. Look at reading forum. Not that bothered he's going. Solid at best. No better than what we have.

I've posted elsewhere re weimann. But a look at villa forum doesn't inspire me.

now I know fans may not see things in players that coaches do. But hardly good sign.

if boro signed these 2 would we be going "watch out! They mean serious business!!"?

I feel very down about this.

I confess I am downbeat. A top 2 chasing side shouldn't be looking at Pearce as answer to strengthening centre back position. Look at reading forum. Not that bothered he's going. Solid at best. No better than what we have.

now I know fans may not see things in players that coaches do. But hardly good sign.

if boro signed these 2 would we be going "watch out! They mean serious business!!"?

I really don't think you should feel down at all to be honest. 

Things are on the up .  

​Solid is better that we already have!

Sith Happens

I don't know much about either but remember not being inspired either by the likes of Buxton or martin and look what happened there

​In the same respect, I don't think the West Brom fans were that bothered about losing George Thorne (Or at least my Brummy mate wasn't). And he's been immense for us (when fit). Also, look how much the Leeds fans were gutted that Warnock was leaving and he's not exactly set the place alight has he. It's all relative.

Nil desperandum. Keep the faith. Just enjoy the ride! etc.

​Villa have Benteke playing upfront for them, most strikers are going to pale in comparison...

Weimann has looked very impressive on multiple occasions in the Premier League and would be an excellent addition to our squad.

Pearce is a no nonsense Championship centre half. To me, he is being brought in to replace Whitbread. He's a free signing and is a solid, dependable player at the back which, let's be honest is what we need. He might be lacking in quality but a rock at the back is no bad thing for our defence.

It all comes down to trusting the management at the club. We have Clement, regarded as one of the best coaches in Europe and he green-lights any signings, I trust his judgement whole-heartedly.

Exactly what you want from a centre half. We already have a bunch of liquid ones. 

*I should have said gas(h) instead of liquid.

I think the bottom line is that its not reliable to rely on the opinions of fans, ours or others. Look at how we amongst ourselves cannot agree on the merits of certain players. For instance if we sold Keogh and fans asked for our opinion mine would be they are getting a decent ball playing centre half. Others would say they are getting dud who cant stay on his feet. Alex Pearce? Lets wait and see.

No. I just find those 2 signings very uninspiring and worry about squad balance and depth of quality as a result 

​It's often the uninspiring signings that turn out to be the ones that makes things tick. We have plenty of inspiring players especially if Bent and Ince come in. What we now need is solid experience to get the job done. 

Archived